- Hardcover: 208 pages
- Publisher: Universe Publishing; 01 edition (11 Oct. 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0789322641
- ISBN-13: 978-0789322647
- Product Dimensions: 23.6 x 3.8 x 31.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (23 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 738,562 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Joker: A Visual History of the Clown Prince of Crime: Visual History of Clown Prince of Crime Hardcover – 11 Oct 2011
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Daniel Wallace is a comic book expert and author or coauthor of more than two dozen books. --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The text here is somewhat on the sparse and perfunctory side, but nevertheless this book scores highly as a well designed collection of artwork and photos.
So treat it as an art book and you wont be disappointed; it's a feast for the eyes.
The pages are thick, sheen and shiny making the images of the Joker pop!
This book is great for:
- Finding LOADS, if not ALL info, on the Joker from when he was created up to 2011! very recent indeed.
- Referance drawings of the Joker
- The book gives you titles to more graphic novels you may of not heard of that include the Joker. I found atleast 4 that I recently baught because of this book!
The slightly bad things about this book:
- It's quite big and heavy, which is not bad bad, but may take up some room!
- Strong opinions on some characters that you may not agree with.
- Not enough info and images on the Animated Series which I thought would be quite important. There was two spreads of episode screenshots but I wanted a bit more than that. Also maybe more depiction of the Joker in the movies he has been in.
- Harley Quinn was brushed over quite quickley too which I thought was a bit unfair. I feel that it didn't expand on their relationship.
Apart from that I can't complain. If you are a batman fan you must atleast try this!
and if you are a Joker fan, why the hell have you not got this yet?! Get it before you shame yourself!
But I sway more towards the villains and mainly The Joker.
This is a sort of The Jokers life history in a single book.
Well written with a whole fountain of Joker knowledge.
An essential book to read and own for all fans of The Joker (little or large)
-Cool Art Work
-Lots of cut outs from different comics
-Covers alot of different areas (pretty much everything i.e. Nolan movies and video games too)
- I really like the glossy look of the lettering on the cover
-The book is big, but a nice size (probably better that it's a paperback)
-It's got like everything :o
Buyer's Notes: It shipped fast (came a day earlier than estimated! :D) He loved it! (Big Joker fan and overall DC/Batman fan)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The book looked like a nice present and was good quality, but it's not really my thing, so it's hard to review. As a coffee table book it would be interesting to browse.Published on 31 Dec. 2013 by happyshopper
The artwork is great. The text was interesting. As i am a huge fan of Batman and this notorious villain, it was a perfect self made gift. Read morePublished on 26 Sept. 2013 by Catalin
A brilliant insight into one of the
biggest criminals in DC comics!
Worth a read, only wish it had
some sort of chronological order.
love the joker so much had to buy to put it in my joker collection a must have for any batman fanPublished on 9 Jun. 2013 by tonythehat