John Kay's Original Portraits Hardcover – Box set, Special Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Although John Kay (1742-1826) served his apprenticeship as a barber and followed this profession for many years in the heart of Edinburgh's Old Town, his consuming passion was observing and drawing the world around him. In 1785 he gave up his barber shop in Parliament Square to become a full-time sketcher and painter of miniatures, producing an estimated 900 portraits and caricatures over a long and prolific career.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > History of Art & Architecture
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Print & Decorative Arts > Prints
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Styles & Movements
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Subjects within Art > Portraits
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Queen Anne, Georgian, Victorian 1701-1901
- Books > Home & Garden > Crafts > Printmaking