- File Size: 222868 KB
- Print Length: 126 pages
- Publisher: Smithsonian Books (15 April 2014)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00JNPF4WC
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #263,342 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
John Glenn: America's Astronaut Kindle Edition with Audio/Video
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 126 pages||Optimised for larger screens|
Kindle e-ReadersKindle Fire TabletsFire Phones
- Due to large size of this book, please connect your device to WiFi to download.
- Kindle Edition with Audio/Video: Audio/Video content is available on Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch devices.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
Having said that, those of us who remember the heady days of Camelot, the Space Race, a more unified country and a less viscous media will enjoy this bit of nostalgia. Considering the low price and the short time it takes to read, it is worth the investment in time and finance just to look back. If you weren't there, youngsters, it is a good starting place for a deeper look what may be America's Last Hurrah.
I was really interested in the section about his return to space in the shuttle at the age of 77. The other astronauts were concerned about his physical ability to sustain the mission until he began training. He met the challenge, both physically and mentally to make the trip and hold up his end of the responsibilities.
I've told you a few things about the book. Now you have to read it to get all the details and hear it from the people who lived and worked with John Glenn.
This book makes a great introduction to further reading about John Glenn and the space program.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Astronomy
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Aeronautics & Aerospace
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Applied Physics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biography & True Accounts > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science & Maths
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Sport > Biographies > Adventurers & Explorers