on 15 May 2016
My hair was lightish grey with some white bits in the front. I have been using this product for approximately three years and have found it absolutely fantastic, it is now a beautiful bright white all over and the condition is lovely. No more horrible salt and pepper - except on the dining table!!
on 29 June 2013
leaves my hair soft , gradually lightens after ten uses so im keeping on using it everytime i wash my hair and straightners to get it lighter x can see a difference allready after one use great stuff
on 4 April 2017
Works well on mid blonde hair, combed through for highlighting effect and it looks very natural without drying out hair.
on 13 April 2016
Great product does what it says on the box but with prolonged use can make your hair dry and start to break off but a great short term solution
on 25 March 2017
loved it and it really works, but i used it for about 3 months and then went to get my hair professionally dyed and all the hair that had been affected by this and then dyed properly went dry and broke off. it was so bad i literally had to cut inches off my hair and regrow it all!
on 3 September 2016
Before and after
review image review image
on 21 July 2015
I have used Sun In for 30 years but suddenly that is no longer available in the UK. So tried this. Have been using for almost one year. Needs to be used quite a few times to get results. I use twice a week. I spray on dry hair into roots (as ends are blonder from previous spraying sessions) and then get hairdryer on or go in sun as needs heat to activate. If u keep applying to ends hair does get damaged. However having short hair means I just keep trimming the ends off. I also changed shampoo as that made my hair more damaged. Go for one that is SLS free. Recommend Dr Organics from Holland and Barrett. My hair is really blonde using this and it is cheap! Saves hundreds of pounds. I spray on at night. Blast with hairdryer. Go to bed. Wash hair in morning. All good. But if used a lot in longer hair can make it stretchy and break off. Especially if you have fine hair. Hope this helps someone.
review image
11 Comment| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 November 2013
Bought this without very high expectations, however its great! Cheap and easy to use, I have only applied it 3 times and can already see a difference. I was considering going to hair salon to make my hair a bit blonder, but now there is no need!
on 2 January 2015
I find this works well used with other JOhn Frieda Blonde products I don't use this product all the time, just a squirt here and there to stop my hair going too mousy in the winter. I think constant use would dry your hair out but that's to be expected
on 24 May 2015
PLEASE AVOID!-- Especially with bleached hair!!!
I used to have bleach blonde hair back in 2011~2013 and used this sparingly to avoid roots however after a while the fronts and some of the back of my hair snapped off and left patches of 1inch frizzed broken hair (really awful). Hairdresser couldn't even do anything to fix it or help it as it was just completely broken hair. Had to stop bleaching my hair completely and go back to brunette and after a few months when the patches grew a bit I had to get my hair (which was really long) cut up to a bob so it evened off my damaged hair.

It does make your hair blonder and helps roots look less visible but it reacts with heat so everytime you use your hairdryer or straighteners you will break your hair and eventually it will snap off.

Might not happen to everyone but I don't think anyone should waste their money to find out either!
11 Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse