on 25 November 2014
Very easy to use and runs in line with PC based app in terms of functionality.
on 26 September 2013
Is this genuine release from the official vlc team as there is a KINDLE beta version by the vlc team??
on 6 October 2013
The moment I installed it my antivirus went nuts. Be vary wary of this... You are better with the official vlc app. This could put your phone or tablet at risk
on 30 September 2013
This is way better than VLC Beta Edition for Kindle. I downloaded VLC Beta and it stuttered and pixelated and it took me ages to get rid of it from the kindle fire HD (partly my inexperience I suspect).

However, I downloaded this app and instantly had superb results. Works brilliantly with MPG4 and .avi files

Thoroughly recommend this app
on 8 February 2014
Love the fact that this scans all my media and allows music and video playback. Just need my 6 year old to accept that the icon for the app is a traffic cone...what's that all about?!
on 7 October 2013
awesome media player for music and video, havent yet had any file it wont play on my kindle fire hd 7
on 26 November 2013
I use it on my kindle and I'm more than happy with it, very fast, very good. Would recommend it.
on 29 March 2014
It appears some people are having problems, myself included. My Samsung Galaxy Tab3 would not boot up after installing it. Eventually after 45mins it started. After the second time I uninstalled it and everything has been fine since.
A pity because VLC for PC's is good and I was more than happy to donate to that.
on 21 December 2013
Found this one to be a lot better than the original one that I downloaded, however can be a bit glitchy, possibly needs an upgrade, however I do have the Kindle Fire so it could be the fact that I only have HD films on this, so maybe a patch will sort out the freezing screen.
on 10 September 2013
Just what I was looking for. Tried the last version and was waiting for the full version. It works like a dream, it plays all my films in what ever format. It is easy to use, with no fuss or fanfair. Recommend it to any Kindle Fire owner.