Jewellery - Meteorite Pendant Campo Del Cielo
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Meteorite Pendant Campo Del Cielo
- Complete with Authenticity Certificate
- Originally discovered in 1576
- Landed on earth between 4000-5000 years ago
- Each Pendant is completely unique
Customers Also Shopped For
The first record of the Campo was in 1576. A Spanish governor learned of the iron from the Indians who reportedly believed that it had fallen from heaven. The location of the find was the Campo del Cielo (field of the sky or heaven), a fitting name for the location of a meteorite. Since the Indians believed that the irons fell from heaven the name may have come from the meteorites. The area is an open brush-covered plain that has little water and no other rocks--very good country in which to locate meteorites.