Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 November 2001
A look at the Christmas story throught the eyes of a grumpy inn keeper who loses out on a lot of sleep. My kids LOVE this book, and 'ROUND THE BACK!' has become a catchphrase in our family. The book is neither pious nor irreverent, but tells the nativity story in a way kids find fun. Great stuff!
on 7 March 2017
I work with the older end of the primary age range, who are by that age quite familiar with the Nativity. So when Christmas comes around, I'm always looking for a fresh version of this familiar story. And there are a few out there. My students have (nearly always) responded positively to this version of the story, which is told from the inn-keeper's point of view.
on 20 May 2017
Not the best portrayal of the Christmas story but still kind of makes the point for little ones! It's amusing and my 5 yo likes it so it's all good to me!
on 7 May 2017
This is a great book to use for a different look on the traditional Navtivity story.
I read this to my Reception children and they loved it.
on 17 April 2017
Excellent story... Children love it!
on 1 May 2017
Hilarious and original Christmas story
on 10 December 2012
My 2 year old loves the illustrations in this book. The story is a nice twist on the traditional nativity and a great Christmas bedtime read
on 25 February 2015
this edition was smaller and had changed the wording from a previous book of the same name and author it was not as I expected
on 19 December 2014
Great book and fast dispatch.
on 17 November 2003
I have used this book in my classroom for several years. The children BEG to have it read on a daily basis. It adds an element of reality to an otherwise very solemn event in a comical yet engaging manner. Parents often ask me what book am I reading because their children come home retelling it. My only concern is that it is no longer available here in the States. If you don't have it, you should plan to make it part of your Christmas collection!