on 22 August 2015
I would like to thank Faye and Scolastic for sending me a copy of these books in exchange for a fair and honest review.

The pace of this book is set from the very first page where Jessica is on a modelling assignment before school as she is only 14. Jessica is shocked to find she hasn't received a text message from her overprotective dad who has OSDS (Overprotective Single Dad Syndrome). She is even more shocked to find that he has gone missing along with the man who was supposed to be looking for him.

This story is aimed at teenagers but I found it to be a fast paced easy read even for an adult, with lots of gadgets everywhere. If you love gadgets then you will love this Spy book. Jessica is a lovely character and the story had me gripped.
on 29 March 2017
omigod omigod this book is sooooo good!!!! You can really relate to Jessica as she discovers 'disloyal' agents, the ACTUAL starfish and the determination to succeed in her mission to put the world to rights. There is also another book for this series , called Model Spy Fashion Assassin. I recommend this book for a gone who likes to do a bit of problem solving while they're reading! Also for wannabe spies, who can get a bit of advice, future detectives and anyone who's in search of a really really good book to read. Have fun reading!
on 3 September 2014
Move over Alex Rider, there’s a new spy in town and she’s coming to kick your butt! Code Red Lipstick, starring Jessica Cole, teen model turned spy, is fantastic fun. First of all there’s the fast-paced plot, which is full of twists and turns that will have you turning/swiping the pages at a rate of knots. Next, there’s a terrific main character who is not only resourceful, clever and feisty but also vulnerable enough for you to root for her all the way. And then there are the gadgets – and what gadgets, they are awesome! Throw in a smattering of secrets, an evil antagonist or two, plus the world of high fashion and cosmetics and you have a really great read. Seriously, I loved this book. Roll on book two!
on 17 June 2014
I bought this book as a birthday prezzie for a friend's 12-year-old daughter, who is mad on Alex Ryder and couldn't resist having a quick read myself.
I thought it was really well done and loved the feisty schoolgirl/model heroine, who has brains as well as beauty and has to solve the mystery of what happened to her dad, even when MI6 turns its back on him.
It is a real page turner and I can see pre-teens loving it. School bullies, glam fashion shoots in London and Paris, spy gizmos, a really evil baddie and even boy crushes are all in here.
Jessica is a brilliant character and her dilemmas had me gripped, never mind the children.
I can't wait to read more by Sarah Sky. I think it is going to be a series - and if it isn't, it should be. A good birthday/Christmas gift for girls.
on 27 October 2016
I read this book quite quickly and overall enjoyed it, but I found it was a bit unoriginal- Like a mix of 'Geek Girl' and 'Gallagher Girls'... I also thought that that part before the end (oops I won't include spoilers) was a bit too dramatic and evil. I will probably get the next book but it's not something I'm dying to read.
on 28 July 2014
After possibly a slightly slow start, you really don't have to wait long until the story makes up for it x100!! Especially towards the end, it was written so well and the suspense was unbearable! Though some were predictable, the there were so many great twists that made it impossible to peel away from the book.
Recently I haven't been able to finish books as I got bored half way through, but this book definitely caught my enthusiasm and reminded me that there are still fantastic. I read this in less than a day and want more! Certainly worth the 99p ;) Oh and I'm 13 and really enjoyed this book. I'd say the book could be for ages 11-17 but really I'm no expert. JUST READ IT!! BECAUSE YOUR WORTH IT...
on 13 November 2016
Absolutely brilliant and exciting
Recommend to everyone hard 8+
Love it
👍💙💚💛💜
on 28 April 2016
I think this book was great, so intense and it made you wanting to read more! Thumbs up!!!!!!!! ;)
I would definitely recommend this book
on 23 June 2015
I loved the way that Jessica was written, she was head strong but sometimes knew when she was wrong. The characters developed more as i got into the book and it was thoroughly enjoyable. I am 13 and i love spy books, although this had less action than i would have liked. A great book though, read it!!
on 4 September 2016
I loved the book a page turner
Great for girls who know there fashion and enjoy a gripping action book
Amazing can't wait to read the next one