on 6 July 2014
I read this book in 24 hours... just couldn't stop reading it as it it was so good to be reading about Coeliac Disease from the perspective of someone who has lived with it, and has a fantastic knowledge of it. This book should be read by everyone who has Coeliac or thinks they may have it, anyone who is related to, friends or colleagues with, or in a relationship with someone who has this disease. I have Coeliac and I find it so difficult - getting friends and colleagues to comprehend the seriousness of the illness and the fact that a tiny bit of gluten will do me harm... it's soul destroying... I may not have an anaphylactic reaction but the harm is being done and the effects are very real. You are made to feel like a fussy, faddy eater and basically a nuisance. Coeliacs should not be made to feel this way simply for wanting to be well. Jennifer Esposito puts this so well in her story and I thank her for all she is doing to promote awareness of Coeliac Disease. I can't wait to return to New York to visit her bakery.
on 5 January 2018
I have suffered allergies, skin problems, asthma and intolerances all my life. Read this as was beginning to think I may be coeliac too. I don't think so, but I was shocked to read how Jennifer had suffered, feel quite blessed reference my own health now. A good read in two parts, the first being almost an autobiography, the second of how she realised she had to do it her way. I found it enjoyable and picked up a couple of tips that may prove useful.
on 7 September 2016
A beautiful read! I haven't even had the book a couple of hours and it's almost finished because I've not been able to put it down!

I'd been following Jennifer's career for years, and when I learnt that she was also suffering from Coeliac I started to follow her on her journey (I can't tell you how many times her recipes have bought me back from the brink!!!). Her words are what so many of us have been through...are going through every day and seeing them there knowing that I'm not alone is a blessing. I hope her strength, brings you strength like it has with me!
on 2 March 2017
Really enjoyed reading this book. Sadly her experiences with conventional medicine are very familiar to me!
on 5 April 2015
Fabulous!! Inspirational read.
on 13 June 2015
great book, good insight
on 3 September 2014
Really good book I really enjoyed it and would recommend it .