on 19 November 2016
Having only just received a used copy via Amazon, I've only had chance to read half a dozen or so of the individual herb entries. I accept what some reviewers have said about anomalies and omissions and I do find the large format a bit difficult to use, but, as yet, I've not found any herb book to be complete and totally comprehensive. That said, this is a useful book by a respected and knowledgeable herb grower and enthusiast and one well worth having in my selection of herb books.
on 6 June 2016
A wonderful book and so useful for the novice herb gardener. I now have four 6' by 6' herb plots which are doing really well. I'm working on year-round herbs but now have an abundant supply for around 8 months - haven't needed to buy any salad greens for a long time.

Also been lucky enough to visit Jekka's herb farm (open days most bank holidays in Spring & Summer) and have some of her plants growing in my garden (definitely superior to those purchased from our local garden centre).
on 17 November 2017
Brilliant. Exactly as described. Better condition than expected considering the book was pre owned. Excellent value for money & arrived within a week of purchase. The book itself is great too. I love all of the little tips it has for culinary & medicinal uses of the individual herbs. X x
on 3 January 2015
Wow 1994..... I purchased this book on its original release, and like another reviewer, I return to it time and time again. Its my "Herb Bible". Good illustrations, excellent cultivation advice, similarly growing and harvesting advice.
I have recently purchased this book for many friends and relations, and would recommend as a gift to anyone who has any interest in gardening.
on 27 May 2017
Definately a book to keep and constantly refer to.
2 people found this helpful
on 16 May 2009
Jekka's Complete Herb Book really is about as complete as it gets. It covers pretty much all cultivated varieties plus many species that grow wild in the British Isles. It is clear and concise, goes in to considerable detail on the culinary and medicinal uses and gives easy to follow instructions if you want to cultivate your own. Look no further for a book on herbs, this is the one.
25 people found this helpful
on 17 June 2013
This is the best book on herbs I have ever seen, it's clear, concise and helps you in an all round way in deciding which herbs to grow and how to grow them......everyone interested in herbs and gardens should have one lying on the coffee table. Can't say enough about this product and its not expensive for what you get. The delivery times were amazing too. If your looking at this book.....don't hesitate, buy it!
on 19 July 2017
Gift for a friend as after seeing jekka at rhs show, Malvern, and discovering she's close by.
Order and delivery great, thanks.
on 10 September 2017
Great book with lots of information on herbs, both growing and their uses. Definitely recommend.
on 29 May 2017