on 4 December 2017
Everything was simply perfect!
on 31 July 2015
If you work in sales, buy this book.
on 2 February 2015
What a gem of a book.A no nonsense guide to using the basic fundamentals and some startling truths of why most wont make it to the top.
on 1 October 2015
on 27 July 2007
In 1966, Mao Tse-Tung published The Little Red Book of his quotations. Sales whiz Jeffrey Gitomer now offers its namesake: the Little Red Book of Selling. Like Mao's book of political orientation, Gitomer recommends that you read his book of sales instruction over and over. And yet, most of its urgings may not need so many repetitions, since they are familiar and not hard to understand: "Work hard!" "Be prepared!" "Kick yourself in the duff" (only, he doesn't say "duff"). Gitomer fans can be assured that this accessible bestseller reinforces his basic productive teachings about assertive selling attitudes and strategic preparedness, though it sometimes feeds a little too much into his star "guru" image. For instance, maybe it wasn't necessary to attribute pop-up quotes to him in his own book. We find that Gitomer couches real scattered gems of sales wisdom in just enough jazzy layouts, snappy aphorisms, savvy and silly suggestions, big-type quotations, startling vulgarisms, humorous asides, quaint cartoons, red headlines, gold bullet points and free-wheeling commands to keep even the most distractible sales student alert.
on 19 September 2017
I liked a lot of the principles that Jeffery talks about and how to develop sales skills.
Particularly when he mentions find out the why in a prospect.
Would recommend this to anyone ambitious and wanting to start a business or company one day.
on 2 February 2016
Our work around this amazing strategy has a primary focus on why people buy and it get a huge thumbs up from me and my sales team - get this book and get results
on 16 August 2017
This book has really opened my eyes to the industry that I have just entered. I cannot wait to re-read this (like the book suggests) and apply it to my new job!
on 2 April 2007
How many sales books have you read in the last year? How many sales books have you read during your career? If you're like most salespeople the answer is more than likely, "Not enough!"

In the Little Red Book of Selling Gitomer seeks to educate and inspire salespeople in a way that gets them thinking for themselves without switching off. This, in my opinion, he achieves, thus making this the best and most powerful of his books to date.

If you are looking for a theoretical tome or a straight "this is how to do it" approach then the Little Red Book may not be for you. This is not "war and peace" nor does it contain anything other shattering! If on the other hand you are looking for a down-and-dirty, in the trenches book that can make a difference to your sales with easy to implement tips and strategies then this is it.

The book is in bitesize chunks and can be dipped into or read from cover to cover. In it Gitomer covers the whole sales process and a lot of sales attitude from how to kick your own ass to using creativity in the sales process. The beauty of this format is that you can take what you want and leave the rest.

The book is beautifully put together, is small so it can go in a briefcase and has a lovely tactile, red cover which makes it nice to hold and to read. Despite it's simplicity, he explains techniques such as the Power Questions clearly and effectively in a manner which can be adapted to your particular sale. He even gives a few examples.

As a sales author and speaker, I picked this book up in New York because of it's looks not expecting much from the content. Although the content is basic to mid-level it is well written and accessible and I have recommended this book to many of my clients.
on 3 February 2012
I've never felt thankful to an author for sharing their expereiences and beliefs before! I've felt engaged by reading many things, and I've felt pushed to be more structured by academic theories and concepts.....but I've never felt thankful. Neither have I ever felt guilty that I've stolen something valuable from an author. That was until I discovered Jeffery Gitomer.

Now I feel thankful to Jeffery Gitomer. Thankful he has chosen to make his opinions easily available to other businesses in his writings and videos.

This was my first Gitomer book and the concepts and ideas in this book are not only interesting, as far as I'm concerned, they are guaranteed to work.
If you take my own expereince as an example. I saw the book in an airport bookstore, I picked it up, first thing i read was "You're going to buy this book" (and i did!) and I let all of the advice soak into my brain over many many months. After consuming the book and all of it's messages, I spent several hundreds of pounds seeing Jefferey gitomer speak at events, i bought more of his books, I purchased his podcasts & dvd's, subscribed to his newsletters and online content, raided his article archives on many subjects and am now currently following his lead on social media strategies to kickstart my own caompany's effectiveness online.

If we all assume that Jeffery Gitomer follows his own advice, the fact I did all of the above things simply from seeing the outer cover of a book showed me that what he believes IS possible. And he is proof of it.

I still refer to this book 3 or 4 times a week and I have purchased many copies to give to our employees and people I know well in my industry.

In short, you won't find a more meaningful book on becoming a sales professional.

One footnote I'd add is that almost all of the solutions and answers to problems tackled in the book are resloved by changing "YOUR OWN" attitudes and behaviours. If you're looking to overcome challenges by manipulating your customers or the market you work in, or worse still! You have concluded that the problem is with everyone else so you're not prepared to change - Don't go near this book!

Happy reading!