- Paperback: 1032 pages
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media; 5 edition (27 Aug. 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0596101996
- ISBN-13: 978-0596101992
- Product Dimensions: 17.8 x 5.2 x 23.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (101 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
345,235 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #328 in Books > Computers & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Web Design Applications
- #543 in Books > Computers & Internet > Computer Science > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Architecture
- #546 in Books > Computers & Internet > Computer Science > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Functional Programming
- See Complete Table of Contents
|New from||Used from|
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"Excellent, detailed guide." - Computer Shopper, February 2007
Activate Your Web PagesSee all Product description
Top Customer Reviews
The book can be divided in 2 sections: the guide - which occupies about 600 pages - and the reference which accounts for the remaining 400. Browsing the index of the book, it turns out the the parts are actually 4: for this article, I however merged the first two (the guide) and the last two (the reference).
All in all, what can be said about this book?Read more ›
These 3 books never leave my desktop! I have read them all cover to cover, Something I have never done with any other programming books I have ever bought. My bookshelf is littered with Half read, flicked through tomes of regret.
I can honestly say, that getting to understand the worlds most misunderstood programming language has probably been the most enjoyable experience of my programming career!
The authors, style makes this book very approachable, which is a change from a majority of the programming books out there. Most books are either way too academic or far too dumbed down. I feel the author got it just right!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Exactly what it says on the cover - the definitive guide. Can't wait for the next edition that will hopefully include ES6!Published 9 months ago by Jacob Ward
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Information Systems
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Networking & Security > Security
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Functional Programming
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Architecture
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Applications
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Scripting & Programming