- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Java Generics and Collections Paperback – 27 Oct 2006
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
I don't like loads of wordy so-called 'real-world' examples to pad out pages. This book gets the balance exactly right.
I particularly didn't like the way the author would give an example piece of code, discuss it, expand to discuss something else, talk for a few pages, then come back to talking about the example again just on the fly. I'd think "eh? what is he talking about?" then have to flick back a few pages to try and work it out. My main criticism would be that that guy is a braniac who seems to have a deep understanding of the subject but is not that good at progressively teaching others. I'm no Generics expert but I think I could write a better beginner's guide.
The reason this gets 3 stars is that the other half of the book is quite useful. Presumably this is written by the other author. Well anyway it provides a nifty overview and explanation of every main class in the Collections framework and makes a good reference or introduction to this.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Information Systems
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Design Patterns
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Functional Programming
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Architecture