Customer reviews

on 6 June 2011
I am not a practitioner of Iado so bow to the greater knowledge and enthusiastc reviews of those who are. I am a long term (30 years) student of Nihon-to. I am afraid this book attempts to cover a huge subject ranging from the manufacture of a blade, sword making history and their use in martial arts. As a result it falls short on at least two of the major subjects it tries to cover.
It may be a purely stylistic thing but there is a considerable lack of humility within the text. The author may certainly be an expert in martial arts but I regret he falls well short in the study of the art of Nihon-to.
Having said all these negative things it is a well presented, well illustrated coffee table book. For someone with no understanding of the subject it offers an enthusiatic introduction. But anyone studying the subject of Japanese Swords and buying this to further their understanding is likely to be dissappointed.
on 24 March 2013
Nice illustrations, the sword world is my thing, the Dojo and CD are an extra, but not for me. For quality and price it is a great buy.
on 16 April 2013
Interest in Japanese culture and student of iaido I would recommend this book to friends and also fellow club members
on 12 January 2011
Purchased this book from Amazon U.S.A. as it was not available here in the U.K. at the time.I feel that of all the books I have this is of great quality, and will be highly prized among martial artist's who study Iaido.
I am lucky to practice Muso Jikiden Iaido which I teach in N.Wales so buy this book, Paul Evans Sensei, Zen In Zen Ka Dojo Rhyl N.Wales. B.K.A. Registered Dojo.
on 20 December 2016
Great quality book fantastic information and detailed illustrations .
on 4 March 2015