- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
The Japanese Consumer: An Alternative Economic History of Modern Japan Hardcover – 15 Oct 2009
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'… will provide an excellent introduction for all those with an interest in Japanese economic and social history … should find a place in courses aimed at both undergraduate and graduate students.' Janet Hunter, London School of Economics and Political Science
Penelope Francks' book offers an alternative account of Japan's modern economic history from the perspective of the consumer. Tracing Japan's economy from the eighteenth century to the present, she shows how history has conditioned what Japanese people consume today and compares their experiences with those of Europe and North America.See all Product description