- Hardcover: 408 pages
- Publisher: Michael Joseph (28 Aug. 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0718159535
- ISBN-13: 978-0718159535
- Product Dimensions: 19.6 x 3.7 x 25.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (782 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 919 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Jamie's Comfort Food Hardcover – 28 Aug 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"International superstar Oliver elevates to even greater heights with a bold new book of timeless recipes for soul-satisfying food."--Publishers Weekly, Fall 2014 Top Ten Cookbooks
International superstar Oliver elevates to even greater heights with a bold new book of timeless recipes for soul-satisfying food. --Publishers Weekly, Fall 2014 Top Ten Cookbooks" --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
Ecco is thrilled to elevate international superstar Jamie Oliver to even greater heights with a bold new book of timeless recipes for soul-satisfying food, a classic-in-the-making from a beloved chef
Jamie Oliver's new cookbook brings together a hundred of the best comfort food recipes from around the world, inspired by everything from childhood memories to the changing of the seasons, and taking into account the guilty pleasures and sweet indulgences that everyone enjoys.
Jamie Oliver's Comfort Food is all about the food you want to eat, made exactly how you like it. With this in mind, the book features the ultimate versions of all-time favorites while introducing cherished dishes from around the world.
Filled with hints, tips, and ideas, Jamie Oliver's Comfort Food is all about celebrating the beauty and pleasure of good food and embracing the rituals of cooking. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I have posted a more in-depth review below as well as a full recipe list at the very end of this review but for those out there (and I know there are many of you) that want a quick summary of what’s hot and what’s not about this book, these first few paragraphs are for you.
What I LOVE about this book:
- The feel of the book, a small thing to some but the textured hard cover is lovely as are the individual recipe pages on good quality paper.
- The recipe images, there is an abundance for every single recipe, they are informative and inspiring (please see image uploads to see what I mean).
- The recipe formats and layout – you instantly see at the left of each recipe:
Number of servings
Time to make
Calories per serving
- Jamie’s intro at the beginning of each recipe, full of enthusiasm and instantly explains what the recipe is if unsure (a Pierogi is ‘basically a Polish boiled dumplin’… news to me!).
- The nutritional section at the back of the book, I always like to know the nutritional value of what I’m eating, it won’t spoil my chocolate brownie but it will make me balance my nutrition or exercise accordingly for the rest of the day.
- The recipes themselves are all dishes I WANT to and CAN make. See the recipe list at the end for yourself as this is pure opinion but these dishes are all my family’s kind of food and there is a great variety.Read more ›
Other disappointment was that at least half the book is given over to recipes which feed 8-10 people and up to 14 people. How many home cooks feed that number of people?
Also, and this is probably the publisher here, every recipe has a paragraph printed explaining the history of the dish etc. This is printed in red ink in very small typeface which is very difficult to read. It also has numerous photographs of Mr Oliver eating his own food and many of his children which really has nothing to do with the cooking of food.
In summary this book is disappointing. I don't feel Mr Oliver has anything new to say.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very disappointed with the book. My cookbook club cooked recipes from this book and everyone struggled with how long everything took and the number of ingredients, the recipe... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Shazia Wahid
I bought this for my Son in law's birthday and he was very pleased with this lovely book. Really good recipes .Published 1 month ago by Ann Martinali
I love this book- they layout of the book is great and very easy to read and cook along and the selection of recipes are really yummy. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Martinela
The recipes are not quick nor are they budget, but they're pretty awesome. For example hubby love the shepherds pie which is actually made with a shoulder of lamb, slow roasted and... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Delia