Jamie's Comfort Food Hardcover – 28 Aug 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"International superstar Oliver elevates to even greater heights with a bold new book of timeless recipes for soul-satisfying food."--Publishers Weekly, Fall 2014 Top Ten Cookbooks
International superstar Oliver elevates to even greater heights with a bold new book of timeless recipes for soul-satisfying food. --Publishers Weekly, Fall 2014 Top Ten Cookbooks" --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
Jamie Oliver started cooking at his parents' pub, The Cricketers, in Clavering, Essex, at the age of eight. After leaving school he began a career as a chef that took him to the River Café, where he was famously spotted by a television production company.
His television and publishing career began in 1999 with The Naked Chef series. Since then he has set up Fifteen restaurant in London, changed school dinners in the UK and revolutionized home cooking. His charity, The Jamie Oliver Foundation, seeks to improve people's lives through food.
He writes for publications in the UK and around the world, including his own Jamie Magazine. Jamie lives in London and Essex with his wife Jools and their children.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I have posted a more in-depth review below as well as a full recipe list at the very end of this review but for those out there (and I know there are many of you) that want a quick summary of what’s hot and what’s not about this book, these first few paragraphs are for you.
What I LOVE about this book:
- The feel of the book, a small thing to some but the textured hard cover is lovely as are the individual recipe pages on good quality paper.
- The recipe images, there is an abundance for every single recipe, they are informative and inspiring (please see image uploads to see what I mean).
- The recipe formats and layout – you instantly see at the left of each recipe:
Number of servings
Time to make
Calories per serving
- Jamie’s intro at the beginning of each recipe, full of enthusiasm and instantly explains what the recipe is if unsure (a Pierogi is ‘basically a Polish boiled dumplin’… news to me!).
- The nutritional section at the back of the book, I always like to know the nutritional value of what I’m eating, it won’t spoil my chocolate brownie but it will make me balance my nutrition or exercise accordingly for the rest of the day.
- The recipes themselves are all dishes I WANT to and CAN make. See the recipe list at the end for yourself as this is pure opinion but these dishes are all my family’s kind of food and there is a great variety.Read more ›
Other disappointment was that at least half the book is given over to recipes which feed 8-10 people and up to 14 people. How many home cooks feed that number of people?
Also, and this is probably the publisher here, every recipe has a paragraph printed explaining the history of the dish etc. This is printed in red ink in very small typeface which is very difficult to read. It also has numerous photographs of Mr Oliver eating his own food and many of his children which really has nothing to do with the cooking of food.
In summary this book is disappointing. I don't feel Mr Oliver has anything new to say.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Comfort food definitely. The book makes good reading however the recipes are a bit too calorific. The occasional meal this gives ideas I wouldn't want to use this regularly as I... Read morePublished 22 days ago by neil darler
Another cracker from Jamie!
This is a delicious cookery book in the usual wild, flamboyant and colourful style of Jamie. Read more
excellent...don't know where to start! Great recipes, good photos and a very solid book. Once again Jamie does not disappoint. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer