Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £3.99 UK delivery
James Cameron's Avatar: The Game (Nintendo DS)
|Price:||£13.98 FREE UK delivery.|
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
- Platform: Nintendo DS
- PEGI Rating: Suitable for 12 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 12. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 12 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
Platform: Nintendo DS
James Cameron's Avatar: The Game is the official videogame based on the highly anticipated film James Cameron's Avatar. The videogame will take you deep into the heart of Pandora, an alien planet that is beyond imagination. Gamers will encounter the Na'vi, Pandora's indigenous people and discover other life forms the likes of which have never been seen in the world of videogames before. When conflict erupts between the RDA Corporation, a space-faring consortium in search of valuable resources, and the Na'vi, gamers will find themselves thrust into a fight for the heart of a planet and the fate of a civilisation.
- Immerse yourself in James Cameron's world. Peer deep into the heart of Pandora and see James Cameron's universe, from your own perspective.
- Engage in a massive conflict between two worlds. Fight for you cause: RDA or Na'vi. Customise more than 60 RDA and Na'vi weapons, combined. Choose your skills: 20 for each clan. Drive all of the vehicles and ride the animals.
- Expand the battleground in online multiplayer.
- Develop your character and acquire new skills. Create your very own character and acquire skills as you progress through the game.
Top customer reviews
First off, the Amazon description is for the wrong product - the closest you get is the Amazon.com description, but even that is mostly wrong. I've extracted the correct bit:
Product Features - Platform: Nintendo DS
* Become immersed in the world of the Avatar feature film, viewing James Cameron's universe from your own perspective
* Experience a whole new epic Pandoran tale as Nok, a young Na'vi warrior
* Use your Knowledge to Vanquish the Enemy.
* Develop your Character using the Pandorapedia
The 4 screenshots on Amazon.com are the only ones to give a true representation of what to expect.
I much prefer using a stylus to the buttons and the Avatar uses the stylus well to control the action. Yes, there is some fighting, which requires quickness and dexterity, but you soon get the hang of the stylus.
The graphics are good, but the map requires very good eyesight to distinguish the different icons. The storyline does not feature any characters or scenes from the film, although the creatures, plants and backgrounds are well represented.
As an inexperienced gamer, I expected more help from the booklet supplied and more hints from the game itself. I wasted 2 days trying to solve one puzzle, which was frustrating but ultimately rewarding, once I worked out the solution.
I expected some video scenes taken from the film between levels, but there are none. And in answer to one reviewer, I believe the little running black & white Na'vi is there to allow the Nintendo to load a new level (not to deliberately hold up gameplay), as the Nintendo doesn't have enough memory to hold the whole game.
I've been playing the game on and off since Xmas and will be sorry when it's over. Currently nearing the end (I think) but I'm stuck and haven't a clue how to proceed. I've tried everything - jumping, swimming, all the weapons - nothing. I'd recommend the game, but more experienced gamers might find the problem-solving a bit tame.
i loved the film and this game's great, lots of puzzle and fighting.
i'm a big fan of zelda and this plays very simular,The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (Nintendo DS)
which for me was a great help :D
i'm currently still playing this and for me it is easy to get immersed in it :)
Took about a week to finish and has some nice graphics to explore...
If you like "Ray Man" or puzzle games rather then "shoot-em-ups" you will enjoy this little jaunt into game-land..
The suppliers have promised a full refund though, so I hope I shall soon be reimbursed.
Sincerely, M.V. Garnham
Most recent customer reviews
During a recent trip abroad this game was invaluable during the delays and cancellations due to the 'Ash cloud'
Kept them...Read more