Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

James Cameron or Ridley Scott, who is the better director?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Dec 2010 17:44:45 GMT
J. J. Pecino says:
Both are great directors (IMHO), but who is the better director in your opinions?
With such films as Alien, Aliens, Avatar, Blade Runner, Titanic and Terminator 2 to judge from, I would love to hear what you feel are their strengths or weaknesses.
Feel free to add other films directed by them not mentioned here.

Posted on 23 Dec 2010 11:49:31 GMT
Ridley Scott has a few clangers to his name because he has made more movies but I still prefer him overall. James Cameron seems to appeal to more of a mass market than Ridley. Try watching The Duellist. This is one of Ridley's earliest films and is often overlooked. It features a great menacing performance from Harvey Keitel and I think it's excellent.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Dec 2010 14:04:11 GMT
J. J. Pecino says:
I have never heard of the Duellist, I must get hold of that. I always enjoy seeing Harvey
keitel on screen. Thank you for that suggestion.

Posted on 12 May 2012 22:43:43 BDT
Mark says:
Hands down Ridley Scott, Aliens although being a great action movie borrowed too heavily from Alien.

Avatar although being a great idea for a movie was too cheesy for it's own good, while Bladerunner was near faultless.

I think Cameron's best work was the Abyss, Titanic and Terminator

In reply to an earlier post on 15 May 2012 09:50:29 BDT
J. J. Pecino says:
I recently watched Avatar on Blu-Ray and must admit that i enjoyed it as much as i did when I first watched it in 3D at the cinema. Blade Runner is a masterpiece, in my opinion. So i wholly agree with you there. I couldn't really get into Titanic, although I will admit that it was beautifully filmed. Terminator 2 is probably my favourite out of Cameron's films.

Posted on 29 Jan 2013 10:23:39 GMT
James and Ridley were running neck and neck until recently, when Ridley released 'Prometheus' ... Now, that was a flawed movie, no real story, unexplicable casting and now I can't even remember what the ending was, but I'm sure it was boring and inconsequential ... Thank you for Legend, Blade Runner, Alien and Gladiator mr. Scott, but it's time you took up shooting commercials again ...
Mr. Cameron, you should have a look at Bester's 'The stars my destination'. I would like to see your adaptation of that one!

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Feb 2015 13:16:32 GMT
m3madd says:
promethius is a good film the metior storm was superb, wat happened to lance???
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  21 Dec 2010
Latest post:  24 Feb 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about