on 13 December 2014
Easy to clean and very fast juicer
on 18 February 2015
Grate product ,much cheaper than other models and does the same job , easy to use and clean
10/10
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 5 January 2014
First impressions

I bought this one after seeing a Philips model in action over Christmas at a relative's house. Did a bit of research, as you do, and this one ticked all the boxes, especially on price. Well, you never know if this kind of thing is going to be an expensive fad or not!!

(I considered the juicing attachment for our leading brand food processor, which was at least double the price of the Jago ENTS-01, and the manufacturer doesn't tell you it isn't recommended for citrus fruit - but the reviews did!! One of the other options was nearly 4 x the cost!)

I took it out of the box and set it up, all fairly obvious, even without English instructions*, those supplied were in French and German only.

*The supplier has been emailed to ask for English instructions - apparently (from previous reviews) this is something they are trying to address. I have since emailed JAGO24 UK myself and they have said that English instructions are not available. Service support, apart from that has been good.
I had to buy a European to UK adaptor, but this was my fault as I didn't realise when making my purchase that I could have asked the supplier for a UK adaptor and they would have provided one free of charge! (See the product listing page)

Nice tidy unit and well constructed. My wife, who always prefers to read the instructions first, started to juice in no time, even without any instructions. Dismantling for cleaning was relatively easy, we found a plastic spatula (the type for cleaning around cake mix bowls) brilliant for clearing away most of the debris. I would mention at this point that on first use the `debris' was quite dry, unlike some competitors, who reviews have stated that not all the juice was extracted. The level of juice extraction does depend on the type and quality of fruit and vegetables used though. As we weren't sure which parts were dishwasher safe, we washed in hot soapy water. I have to say this wasn't an issue on a weekend, but to prepare the fruit, juice it, dismantle and clean, won't be something we do on a work morning. Probably better to at least prepare the fruit the night before and keep in the fridge, or juice it the night before and add a bit of lemon juice to reduce oxidation / discolouration. Again, best to store in the fridge overnight in a glass container.

Useful Facts / Tips:

* Two speed settings - low speed (1) seems to be for softer fruits, such as watermelons, grapes, tomatoes and Cucumbers, and high speed (2) for harder fruits, apples, carrots and beetroots.

* Use speed 2 if you are juicing a mixture of softer fruit and harder to juice items like lettuce, harder vegetables etc. Also feed the items in alternately to help extract the juice from the more difficult items.

* Size (in use) 40cm W x 20cm D x 39cm H. Feed tube is approx. 70mm in diameter, which is about the size of an average peeled orange. Power cable is approx. 1 metre in length. As far as I can tell from the French Instructions, you should use it for no more than 3 minutes continuous use and then allow 20 minutes for the motor to cool down. In practice you will probably find it more of a start/ stop process, especially if combining different fruit and veg.

* Has anti slip feet with suckers, which really do grip on smooth counter tops! Seems to be well-balanced with little vibration and so far has been surprisingly quiet.

* Clear plastic jug, with measuring increments, starting at 200ml and then every 100ml up to 1 litre capacity. Removable lid for easy cleaning, with separator (to hold back the froth which is always caused by juicing).

* Comes complete a brush to aid cleaning of metal mesh and juicing/grating plate.

* Get yourself a couple of Juicing books, there are lots to choose from and they will give you lots of idea's and hints and tips. Some will provide information on what the benefits of certain fruits / vegetables are and even give recipes to help with problems like migraine, digestion, memory and skin problems to name but a few.

* Lemon juice will stop discolouration and act as a preservative if you want to juice and keep it chilled for a few hours (i.e. done the night before, for breakfast, or prepared in the morning to drink throughout the day.

* If you find the froth distasteful, the lid does seem to hold most of it back; by pouring the juice into a glass and drinking with a straw, you are drinking from the bottom of the glass, so can avoid any froth.

* Our first attempt was carrot and orange, not complicated or expensive - but delicious! 1 large carrot (my wife topped and tailed it and scrubbed, but did not peel) and 1 large juicy orange (peeled but with pith on) per person/serving. Tip: Cut any fruit or veg that doesn't fit easily in the tube, or if it is too tall. Speed 1 was used with gentle but firm pressure applied to the black presser tube. Voila! Done. You will have approximately 250ml, to serve, poured over ice if desired.

UPDATE - We have just tried Mango and Pineapple through the Juicer and both worked on speed 1. As they were quite ripe, the remaining pulp was a lot wetter this time, but the unit still extracted a reasonable quantity of juice.
UPDATE - See the additional info. under "Comments"

Here are some tips I picked up from another site, using another brand of juicer.

You can use the juicer for fruit and vegetable juice.
*Speed 1 is especially suitable for soft fruits and vegetables such as watermelons, grapes, tomatoes and cucumbers. (The Jago has actually coped with smaller good quality carrots on speed 1).

*Speed 2 is suitable for all other kinds of fruit and vegetables such as apples, carrots and beetroots.

Note
*Do not exert too much pressure on the pusher, as this could affect the quality of the end result. It could even cause the filter to come to a halt.

*Never insert your fingers or an object into the feeding tube. (Very good advice when you see what it does to the fruit!! There again if you are silly enough to stick your fingers into it you probably should not own one!!!!)

*If the pulp container becomes full during use, switch off the appliance, carefully remove the pulp container and empty it.

*Reassemble the empty pulp container before you continue juicing.

*After you have processed all ingredients and the juice flow has stopped, pour the juice from the jug into the glass. If the foam separator is in the juice jug, a lot of the the foam is removed from the juice.

Tip
*Use fresh fruit and vegetables, as they contain more juice. Pineapples, beetroots, celery stalks, apples, cucumbers, carrots, spinach, melons, tomatoes and grapes are particularly suitable for processing in the juice extractor.

*You do not have to remove thin peels or skins. Only remove thick peels, e.g. those of oranges, pineapples and uncooked beetroots.

* IMPORTANT - If you want to juice fruits with stones, remove the stone before juicing.

*Apple juice turns brown very quickly. To slow down this process, add a few drops of lemon juice.

*Fruits that contain starch, such as bananas, papayas, avocados,figs and mangoes are not suitable for processing in the juice extractor. Use a food processor, blender or hand blender to process these fruits. (Our experience is that ripe mangoes can be juiced, if skinned and stoned - but don't do more than one at a time).

*Leaves and leaf stalks of e.g. lettuce can also be processed in the juice extractor.

*The juicer is not suitable for processing very hard and/or fibrous or starchy fruits or vegetables such as sugar cane.
55 Comments| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 July 2013
I have never owned a juicer before either but I read my way through countless reviews before I decided on this one. it is typical German high quality easy to clean and operate, which is what I needed. Delivery was so quick I was juicing in 2 days! Love it, love the juice!
on 21 February 2014
I wanted a well known branded juicer but couldn't afford one so trawled all the reviews online and found this absolute gem. I'm a quality control engineer and can tell you that the build standard of this juicer is excellent. Virtually all other juicers I researched were prone to critical failures so unless you are paying for the premium brands for literally ten times the price, go for this one. Everyone who sees this estimates it cost over £250. I couldn't be more happy with it.

I considered some cheaper end Phillips juicers, but they were over double the price and a friend who had one said it wasn't that good. They saw this one and have ordered it now.

Only downside, is instructions are German and French, but so simple to use, you don't need them. Contact company by email for the free Euro plug adaptor which arrives separately. If you need crushed ice or hard, fibrous veg mixing in, buy a Tefal BlendForce Blender to do that, as this juicer is only intended for soft, ripe or slightly firm fruit (does oranges, apples, bananas, pineapple and frozen fruit fine).

Like all blenders and juicers, don't make them overwork, just run for a couple of minutes (that would make a day's juice easily) and let it cool down. It's not an industrial/commercial juicer, but I think it will last me ten years at least for daily home use!

And at less than £30, I would gladly replace it on an annual basis if I had to, and still think I had excellent value. This is without doubt the best juicer I could have bought and I give it my highest possible recommendation.
on 13 December 2013
I have gone through with quite a few juicers over the years but this one beats them all .highly recommend it
on 15 August 2013
Having been using my juicer now for 3 weeks and I love it! Remains of fruit & veg come out very dry so little juice wastage and is quite easy to clean no major parts where remains get stuck. Very happy with my purchase!
on 1 September 2013
This is such good value for money. It works very efficiently and quickly and it is so easy to clean.
on 11 August 2013
It works great! I've put in everything even whole limes with the skin and it worked great! Makes a lot of juice from vegetables and fruit too. Great price and works really well, very happy.
on 10 April 2014
We bought this as our first juicer, because we weren't sure how we would take to the whole juicing phenomenon and didn't want to lay out a large initial investment. As such, I am glad we purchased it. It's a good starter machine, but it does have it's limitations.

For one thing, it doesn't cope with leaves well (or really, at all). If you want kale or spinach in your juice every day, this is not the machine for you. It also doesn't like apple peel much, but it thrashes carrots like a demon.

And despite the large capacity of the jug and the pulp collection bucket, you can't make enough juice to fill either of them without removing the spinning strainer 2 or 3 times and cleaning it out, as it gets gummed up and then you have very wet pulp.

That said, it's fairly easy to clean, and makes lovely fresh OJ and (my personal fav) apple, carrot, beetroot, and lime juice! Yummy!