Customer reviews

on 9 April 2014
These books are well written and interesting. My children and their cousins love this book. The amazing pop out race rocket that comes enhances the whole experience. The books have a really nice story and one that I love to read, as an adult. Of all the Jack's mega machines this is my favourite and has a nice message regarding helping others. I originally bought this book in Dutch for my little boy but then loved it so much that we also bought it in English. I will be buying more of these for presents. An excellent book.
on 27 February 2013
The Rocket Racing Car is by Alison Ritchie and Mike Byrne is a fabulous book with big bright glossy pages and each page is filled with colourful detailed pictures to complement the story. Big machines, small machines, good deeds and aliens litter the pages, giving my son so much to look at as I read him the words, and things we can count and name together. And bonus! At the rear of the book is a beautifully detailed cardboard rocket toy that adds to the imagination as we read. I've tied it to the frame of his bed rocketso that he doesn't play with it and break it! We love this book, and it is introducing the concept of space travel to him, as well as aliens and rockets and how to be helpful ad useful. We love this book so much that I might buy him the Dinosaur Digger one in the same range. It's age recommendation is 3+.
on 8 June 2013
This book is full of fun and excitement. Illustrator Mike Byrne has made the characters extremely amusing (the aliens are particularly hilarious!) and the depiction of the racing car is so convincing that you almost believe it COULD go up into space! The pictures are wonderfully colourful with just the right amount of detail to keep young children totally engrossed. A big bonus is the 3D cardboard model of the car which "pops up" to provide a toy to supplement the story.
on 18 February 2013
A colourful and fun packed adventure with Jack and his dog Riley as the race through space. Jack meets several other racers along the way who need help and he selflessly stops to help them on their way.

This picture book comes complete with a 3d cardboard Rocket Racing Car with which my son had great fun recreating the race as I read the story.

There is another title in this series - The Dinosaur Digger.
on 18 February 2014
My son chose this book having seen it at his school bookfair and after seeing how great it was we bought another copy from Amazon for his friend Jack's birthday!

The book has a rocket origami style toy at the back of the book for you to play along with as you read the story.

The story is about a boy imagining he is in an intergalactic space race and forms part of a series of Jack's Mega Machine books. We don't have the others in the series.....yet!

Great story - lots of interaction and it is frequently asked for at bedtime. Perfect!
on 27 December 2016
Was given another of these books for my sons birthday which he loved, bring that he is obsessed with machines. Although I found the story quite boring (so it lost a star) my son just loves playing with the detachable rocket at the back so its wortb having.
on 29 November 2014
We know that our grandson is just going to love this for Christmas. Bright, colourful and fun illustrations with an easy to follow storyline that has a moral attached to it, i.e. helping and sharing with others is beneficial to all.
on 9 September 2014
Purchased for my son who's just 5. He really loved the story and was especially happy when we found the card space car at the back. Great price and quality too.
on 24 February 2013
I randomly picked this book for my 3 year old son and we liked it so much I bought again to give as a present to a friend. Good story and pictures.
on 1 January 2013
Godson loves it the pop out car comes out and he can play with it following the story and making up stories very interactive