- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
Jackie Chan's POLICE STORY & POLICE STORY 2 Limited Edition Blu-ray Box Set
|Additional Blu-ray options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
(Aug 20, 2018)
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Two of Jackie Chan s most iconic films explode onto Blu-ray from incredible new 4K restorations! Featuring some of the most dangerous stunts ever performed on camera, Police Story and Police Story 2 are a dazzling blend of gritty action cop drama and impeccably choreographed martial-arts sequences that revitalised the Hong Kong action genre and established Jackie Chan as a worldwide superstar.<p<p>
Special Features Disc 1
- Police Story (100 mins) 1080p presentation sourced from the incredible new 4K restoration
- Four unique Audio options: Original Cantonese Mono audio track; Restored Cantonese 5.1; Restored English 5.1 dub track AND an additional audio track featuring an alternate English dub sourced from a rare Dutch VHS release of Police Story that has never been officially released on any other version of the film
- Newly translated English subtitles
- Police Story: The Japanese Cut (105 mins - HD) Originally released exclusively to Japanese home video, this extended cut of the film was transferred to HD from a film print in 2012 and makes its UK debut here with it s original Cantonese audio and English subtitles for the first time ever
- Police Story: The Police Force Cut (84 mins - SD) A unique version of the film edited exclusively for the American home video market, featuring a unique dub track and electronic score
- Police Story Alternate and Deleted Scenes, including alternate opening and ending sequences
- Archival Interview with Jackie Chan (20 mins)
- "Jackie Chan Stunts" Promotional trailer
- Collectors Booklet feat new writing on the film & rare archival material -
- Police Story 2 (121 mins) 1080p presentation of the extended version of the film, sourced from the incredible new 4K restoration
- Original Cantonese Mono audio, along with restored Cantonese and English 5.1 options
- Newly translated English subtitles
- Police Story 2: The Original Hong Kong Version (101 mins - SD) The original cut of Police Story 2, presented with it s original Cantonese mono audio track and optional English subtitles
- Optional Audio Commentary with Miles Wood and Jude Poyer (Hong Kong Version of the film)
- Police Story 2: Original UK Version (90 mins - SD) An alternate cut of the film created for the film s UK VHS release, featuring a unique English dub track
- "Jackie Chan" - Son of the Incredibly Strange Film Show (40 mins)
- Archival Interview with Benny Lai (15 mins)
- Collectors Booklet feat new writing on the film & rare archival material
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Showing 1-8 of 19 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This Eureka release boasts two 4k restored original uncut prints of Police Story and Police story 2 and look absolutely wonderful. I watched Police Story enough on VHS back in the day to know almost every flaw in the print back to front, whether it was the slightly weird colour palette, grey blacks and noise/debris etc. The Eureka restoration is terrific. It's exceptionally clean, with really great naturalistic colours and very decent black levels. Possibly my only argument is that to my eye there appears to be some use of DNR that minimises grain, but it's not quite enough to the detriment of the detail.
Sound too is terrific, and even though I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to soundtracks, I have to say that having had various DVD incarnations of the film, the 5.1 mix was surprisingly good given the source. The fights were amazingly punchy and the general surround was used effectively if not extensively.
Police Story 2 is the full 2 hour version of the film (available for the for the first time ever in the UK) and in fact across both discs you have a truly unique set of cuts and soundtrack options:
- Police Story (100 mins) 1080p presentation sourced from the new 4K restoration
- Police Story: The Japanese Cut (105 mins – HD) Originally released exclusively to Japanese home video, this extended cut of the film was transferred to HD from a film print in 2012 and makes its UK debut here with its original Cantonese audio and English subtitles for the first time ever
- Police Story 2 (121 mins) – 1080p presentation of the extended version of the film, sourced from the new 4K restoration
- Police Story 2: The Original Hong Kong Version (101 mins - SD) – The original cut of Police Story 2, presented with it’s original Cantonese mono audio track and optional English subtitles
- Police Story 2: Original UK Version (90 mins - SD) – An alternate cut of the film created for the film’s UK VHS release, featuring a unique English dub track
Add to that an immense selection of extras, including outtakes, trailers, archive interviews and also, my most favourite: the late 80s Jonathon Ross documentary 'Son of the incredibly strange film show' which was one of the original and best features on Jackie's life and film career. One I taped back in the day and watched endlessly.
The set comes in two individual amaray cases here with reversible sleeves housed in a cardboard case with newly commissioned art. There's also a terrific collectors booklet with new writing on the film and a selection of rare archival material (some great old school VHS cover art in there too).
There's only really very minor gripes with the set. Firstly as you're probably aware from the one star reviews, there is an extremely negligible couple of sound dropouts in the 5.1 Cantonese mix in police story. It's akin to a dvd layer transition lasting about half a second at the 10 minute and 32 minute marks. This ONLY affects the 5.1 track and doesnt affect all sets. Eureka have been on this like lightning with a replacement disc program for anyone with an affected disc, so really, it's a total non-issue. My minor gripes are that the sleeves have the same art on both sides (with a different colour scheme) - would have been nice to have the iconic covers from any of the IPD video releases on the rear. And marginally more annoyingly is that despite the discs being authored into scenes, there is no scene selection on either the front menus or the pop-up menus. Note that f you're looking to grab this from overseas, unlike their Drunken master release, these are REGION B locked.
But these issues are really extremely pathetic against such a superlative release. Very excited that Eureka are stepping up to give Jackie's back catalogue some love, and once you've seen what they've achieved here, you, like me will undoubtedly be pre-ordering the rest.
Picture is amazing compared to the VHS and DVD
Sound is good.
I hope they release wheels on meals next , my lucky stars and the others like this.
Thanks to Eureka
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?