on 6 March 2010
I placed this order as a gift for my wife, who is always complaining of getting wet and being unable to purchase a fully 100% waterproof long coat. I Looked on my trusted Amazon website and found this product, it was easy to order and arrived in just a few days. Having worn the coat my wife is delighted and says it not only 100% waterproof, but comfortable and stylish as well.
on 26 September 2012
I recently bought this coat because I needed a long shower proof coat as I intend to walk to work in future in all weathers. It is only a 10 minute walk but you can get quite wet in 10 minutes when it is raining heavily and I didn't want to arrive looking like a half drowned animal. And this coat has not disappointed. During the last few weeks it has been very well tested and has kept me dry and warm. Very pleasing is the hood, which stays in place even when windy. As I am just over 5foot tall it comes down almost to the bottom of my trousers. Sizing is generous but I bought it larger than needed so that I can fit a fleece or thick cardi on underneath. I suspect that I will need this extra layer later on in the year as the coat does not have a warm quilted lining. However it does have a nice woven lining right through even on the collar which makes it nice and cosy around the neck. I decided on the nice blackberry colour which is a lovely rich shade and does not look too "farmery". I am very pleased with my purchase as it meets all my requirements.
on 27 January 2014
So glad I bought this coat in early autumn 2013!! Has been prefect for this rainy winter (2013/14). Keeps me completely dry even on 2 hour dog walks in the pouring rain. Clips with poppers up high on the neck to keep rain and wind out and corduroy collar lining is gentle on the face. Hood is fine for me, its size means it does not blow off in the wind. Sleeve ends can be kept tight tight with attached velcro straps. Inner cotton lining (including hood) means coat comfortable and warm on windy/not to cold days. On cold days I wear a thin 'Thinsulate' thermal jacket underneath. Sized generously as other reviewers have indicated. I am size 12, bought a size 10 so could wear long sleeved thermal jacket. Also tried- it a size 8, which fitted more closely and was slightly more flattering but too tight for fleece/thermal jacket. Outer fabric not goretex/aqua-dry or equivalent so does not breathe and so probably not a summer raincoat. Wipes down well - I have had no problem wiping off muddy paw prints. Navy is a proper dark navy blue. External side pockets are deep but have no zip or fastening. Has one fair sized inner pocket which does not have a zip, just a small piece of velcro. Also a small inner phone pocket with no zip/velcro - my phone could slip out when I bend down, though it hasn't. Could do with zipped inner pockets for wallet etc. A nice looking, functional coat.
on 2 November 2010
I just moved to Scotland from the US south, and was quite unprepared for the rainy, windy weather. On my second day here, I walked 4 miles in pouring down/blowing in my face rain, and determined that I need SOMETHING to avoid becoming completely drenched through every layer from head to toe. I borrowed my flatmate's short rain jacket, but found that my trousers became soaked. This was one of the only full length waterproof coats I found, and it's really been perfect for this weather. I like that there's a detachable hood so I can wear my warmer coat underneath if the climate requires it and use the warmer hood. I thought I would look like I was wearing a big sack, especially since I got a size bigger than I would normally wear, but it's really not bad looking at all. It's also light to carry about in changeable weather. I've been quite happy with this coat.
on 24 July 2012
I bought this coat recently because of all the heavy rain that we've been having as I have dogs to walk every day. I found that it totally changed my experience of walking in the rain, it kept me dry, and warm enough with plenty of room to wear layers underneath. The hood stayed up nicely and kept my head dry. I am so glad I have finally found a comfortable waterproof coat that really does the job.
on 14 October 2010
Amazing how few full-length waterproof coats there are. This is just the ticket for walking dogs in wet weather and not having to change your clothes after. Buy a coloured coat, match or clash with coloured wellies and cheer up the day!
on 13 June 2012
Bought this coat for dog walking, with the weather we have been having its been brilliant, no more wet knees in the long grass. Down sized from my usual 12 to a 10 due to previous reviews and its perfect. Love it!
on 10 December 2012
I am very, very pleased with this coat. It is waterproof (rubber-backed nylon), windproof and very comfortable. I particularly like the hood which does fit, unlike a similar coat I have where the hood is not deep enough in the rain. I wished I'd purchased a second coat like this instead.
on 24 March 2013
Mixed feelings. This is a great coat if you just need to go out in heavy wind and/or rain. However, if you need to go somewhere where you end up inside, like going to town and do some shopping, you will be wetter from the perspiration than if you had gone out in the rain with no coat. It is waterproof, and some folks can cope with that, but I can't, so although I do wear it, its use is limited.
on 15 March 2011
I got the size 12 in blackberry but maybe i should have gone for a size 10 or 8. i'm 5"4
I expected the top portion to be a little bigger as i am usually a size 10 on top and size 12 on bottom, The bottom portion fits fine with some space over my hips but the top felt 2 or 3 sizes bigger, the arms especially.
I was warm enough with a light cardigan underneath in late January. Kept me dry in medium london showers.
Good length, althought at times the wind would get in and inflate the coat also the back pleats would get caught in between my feet.
Nice colour, i like purple/ plum colours