Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.14

on 12 February 2014
WOW, Jack was such a good read! From the first page I was not able to put my Kindle down. There is so much action in this story you can not help but go through every emotion possible for the characters you have grown to love from the first book.

My head is spinning trying to take in everything I have read and OMG why another cliff hanger. Ok it says at the end of this book that book 3 is coming soon, but how soon? James Crawford, you have a wonderful imagination but can I have the next book now please!!
This is a wonder series that will have you in tears and will take you on one he'll of a emotional journey!
Highly recommended!!
on 17 September 2013
After book one (highly recommended) I had to know how the story would continue so swiftly (within 10 minutes of finishing book one) I purchased and moved on to book two. I could not put this down and it held my attention all the way through. Full of fantastic plot twists, raw emotion and great humour it is a definite must read.
It ran a little slow in places but this never lasts for long before your right back into the action and rapidly turning those pages (as best as one can on the kindle app) to out what's going to happen next. I love that this was told from Jacks side as he felt like a great character from book one and I was dying to know more of him.
Gripping me right until the end it has left me shouting MORE! MORE!!! Can't wait for book 3 James
on 18 July 2013
I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is the second book in the Leeches series. I loved it!

Jack Barely is a fantastic character. I loved him from when I met him in the first book, Caleo. He is a very confident young man, who usually has a great sense of humour. However, he has one regret: that he didn't tell Caleo how he felt about him.

Jillian Barely may be Jack's twin, but she is no push over! In fact, it is her strength of character that shines through in this book! I didn't really like her in Caleo, because she came across as a snob. However, I warmed to her, when I realised that it was just a front.

I have been eagerly wanting to read this book for some time now. The cliffhanger at the end of the first book saw to that! The story is a fantastic continuation of the series, but I did find that I was slightly disappointed in it too. Don't get me wrong, I loved this story, but there was something not quite right. There was something missing and the story fell flat in places, in my opinion. I have no idea why. It could be that I had expected more than I should have from the story. Sequels have to live up to their predecessors, and sometimes, for whatever reason, they don't quite get there. I'm not going to mark this down to a 4, because I feel that this book deserves it's 5.
I loved seeing the world through Jack's eyes, and it's not pretty! There is extreme danger for the humans as the two camps of Leeches face off against each other. Leeches are people with a special ability or power such as turning invisible, freezing a room full of people or turning into water to avoid capture. The way these Leeches absorb powers of other Leeches reminds me of the movie "The Highlander". However there is no lighting, but streams of power. I don't know why, but I have visions of a mercury-like substance creeping towards the recipient. The story twists and turns in places, which I loved, but there was one part that I felt that Jillian's behaviour was a bit creepy. I knew that she had been through a trauma, but even so, I found her lack of emotional response a bit unnerving! She was too "normal".
The end of the book has a shocking twist and another cliffhanger. I am now looking forward to reading the next book in the series!

james crawford has written another fast paced novel that kept me hooked from the first page! I love his writing style, it's easy to get lost in the world he has created. The characters are mostly likable, with the exception of Alix. I hope he gets his comeuppance!

This is a fantastic book in a an amazing series. I highly recommend this book if you love YA/Paranormal/Science Fiction or Gay & Lesbian genres. - Lynn Worton
on 25 November 2013
I gave it a five star rating because I love the characters. I really got to feel for Jack and all his anguish cause he said nothing when he should said all. It makes you want love to conquer all. Each book I think is of a different person pov. However I really enjoyed Jack's pov.
on 18 April 2014
I loved every second of this book. I can not wait for the next one. Jack and Caleo are my favourite characters in both books.
on 1 May 2013
it aswsome loved it couldnt put it down for ages it a gripping book for exciting people best buy ever