Price:£36.63+ £4.49 shipping

on 6 November 2014
I will say that this really is a fantastic whiskey totally against the grain of what has become stereotypical "Jack No.7". If you approach this with an open mind and forget what traditional Jack Number 7 is then I think even the most devout scotch drinker will enjoy this. It is a different beast entirely. It is 45 percent, so if you want a proper tasting I would recommend diluting down a VERY small amount (though this is a controversial practice. If you just want to enjoy then you don't have to dilute however for tasting it is best to dilute a tiny amount).

Because this is single barrel (bottles are produced from individual casks, not mixed like some lesser whiskey or No.7) the flavour characteristics will be different with each bottle you receive. The first bottle I received was very sweet with a lack of oak in the finish, the next was the exact opposite. My current bottle is a nice balance between.

Generally speaking the tasting notes are as follows:

Towards the front of the pallet I noticed warm butterscotch, vanilla and caramel/toffee before finishing with a warm lingering oakiness that is typical of Jack Daniels (and most other first fill oak cask whiskey) and is in no way harsh or unpleasant, I also noticed a nice sweet cereal finish. The whole experience of drinking this is very smooth, it preferably should not be drunk with ice as this masks any flavour.

This really is special, and I give it my full recommendation to any serious whiskey and bourbon drinker. I hope that many hardcore scotch fans opt to try this too, I believe they will be pleasantly surprised with what they find.
on 28 January 2014
Excellent! Bought as present for whisky loving hubby and it went down well! Excellent service from EMESE as well, very prompt.
on 13 December 2013
Bought this as a Christmas present for my husband, only problem I had is that it didn't come in a box
on 17 January 2014
This particular brand and type of whisky is my husband's favourite so I was relieved to track it down and it proved a welcome present
on 11 January 2014
Gave this to my best mate for his Christmas he was well chuffed said he knew the price and said it was well worth the extra money
on 11 December 2013
What more can I say. The perfect gift that anyone who appreciates OLD Jack will enjoy. They may not want to share it though
on 21 April 2015
Son liked this very much

See one answered question