on 7 January 2013
Never understood how important bass was in headphones until these. Amazing quality, really love them. The cord is long enough but not too long that it gets in the way, great. And love the purple color, makes them easy to find.
on 4 November 2017
Second pair purchased, one for my son as these are so quiet from the outside, they are great if like me your kids listen to their own tunes in the car etc. and their earphones spill out tinny noise. Do be aware these do pump, so be careful with the volume level, they really do fit in your ear canal snugly so all that sound is direct, and very loud. Not ideal for walking, you are so isolated from external noise, you can lose yourself in these.
Despite that comment; I love them, for the money, absolutely great sound.
on 11 February 2015
I was DISSAPOINTED.These earbuds are smaller than they look.The sound quality is very good,clear,balanced,nice tonal quality,good tonal bass.Worth the lower price of £8.50 certainly.BUT WHERE IS THE XX?WHERE IS THE SUPER-POWERED BASS?WHERE IS THE DYNAMIC POWER OR VOLUME?
These are completely mis-sold.If you want a good quality sounding earphones,they are worth the money,but they are low in volume,not very loud,not dynamic,(no impact or power),and the bass is not extra strong.These earphones would be good for classical,light music,jazz,somewhere you need quality and balance of sound,NOT POWER.Club music,Rock or anything with a bit of power in it?forget it.

If you want a step up from your basic supplied earphones,these will certainly satisfy you.But forget the 'explosive' hype,the bass is O.K.,the quality of sound is clear and of high quality,The volume and especially dynamics(punch)is not great!The drivers are small,(8.5mm).Compare with JVC GUMY HA-FX5,(£6,50)AND THESE ARE POWERFUL,VERY loud,great bass and impact,(11mm driver!).Much Much better.

Having moaned on and on,whatever my preferences are,these ARE worth the money,but don't whack your heavy power tracks through them.
on 24 July 2015
I bought these for mainly listening to podcasts and the odd album whilst taking the dog for a walk. They're comfortable in the ear and feel secure, they form a nice seal and are good at keeping out outside interference as I walk along some of the busier roads. I like the colours provided, I chose the green as I have a tendency to lose or break in ear headphones. On that note they're still working :) and have been pretty solid, the cord is good with the connector being nice and slim and not catching on the case of my phone. I listen to a lot of speech audio so I can't say they've been tested to their limits but the sound is nice and clear and not muffled in anyway. The odd album I have listened to has been pretty good but the base could have a bit more attack/punch for phones called Xtreme Xplosives. For the price though I wasn't expecting that much and they've lasted a lot longer than I thought for someone with my track record. All in all I'm happy with them.
on 3 October 2017
Excellent earphones for the price. Sounds near enough the same as my URbeats. No distortion on loud volume with crisp treble and great bass feedback alongside a nice long cord you can’t go wrong. Only reason for 4 stars is because of crappy packaging which made it difficult to open it up properly and the cords are cheap thin similar to old gameboy earphones, i’m actually suprised how good they actually sound. At the end of the day it’s all about the sound for me so i had to give it 4 full fat stars.
on 24 February 2015
Brilliant headphones! My husband is really fussy about speakers, sound systems and headphones etc. whereas I'm not bothered as long as they play tunes. He has a pair of Dr Dre's Beats and swore that they could not be beaten. I, on the other hand, would never pay that much for headphones in a million years so went for these as they were a price that I was happy to pay and I wouldn't be panicking about breaking or losing them etc. When they came my husband tried them and was gutted that they were nearly as good as his Beats and way cheaper! Outstanding sound and outstanding value for money. Would recommend to anyone and would buy again without hesitation. More to the point, my husband - who is massively fussy about sound quality, would buy a pair too. He actually borrows mine even though he has a pair of Beats!
on 26 July 2017
If you're looking for a decent pair of headphones without spending a huge amount, you can certainly do a lot worse than these! I've went through countless pairs of headphones over the years and I don't think any come close on value for money. Provided you like fairly heavy bass, I think you'd be hard pushed to find anything that compares for any less than five or six times the price .

The headphones are comfortable and whilst they might not really be suitable for running, they are secure enough otherwise. My only criticism is that the wires are fairly thin, so you need to take care of them otherwise it's likely to go at some point - the previous pair I had eventually lost sound in one ear after a year of heavy use, but I think that was mainly due to my wrapping the wires too tightly.

All things considered they are a fantastic pick for a budget pair of headphones, with decent build quality and sound well above it's price point. If you see these on sale for £10-15, don't hesitate to buy yourself a pair!
on 16 December 2013
These headphones are terrible compared to the ones that came before them. I owned a pair of JVC HAFX1X earphones. They were great. Solid build quality, great sound quality, and cheap. They lasted me 2 years before they broke, so I decided to buy a new pair. I saw these thinking since they were a newer version of the same headphones they would be better. But I was wrong. These have really bad build quality. The actual earpiece isnt so bad, but the cable is very thin and fragile compared to the last pair which had a very strong, thick cable that I never had to worry about breaking. But as well as the build quality being bad, the sound quality is also worse! There is more bass, but too much in my opinion. The sound just sounds tinny and really bad also. I did let these headphones wear in so its not just because they are new.

If you are thinking of getting these, please don't! Go for these headphones:

JVC HAFX1X Xtreme Xplosives In Ear Canal Headphones

They are the exact same price, if not cheaper, and you get a lot more for your money!
on 17 April 2014
I went for a pair of JVCs through my brother's recommendation. Many people complain about earphone sounding 'tinny'; these ones only sound 'tinny' if they are not put in your ear canal properly as I have experimented and found that when they are in place properly they sound superb. There is a lot of bass without losing other important sounds and without it being overpowering. I have tried various genres of music and they all sound perfectly clear. I think however it slightly leans more towards dubstep/naurally beaty songs such as dance/club. I normally get Philips earphones but wanted something bassy at a lesser cost and these do not cease to disappoint. I have quite small ears and canal but they fit fine. Sometimes they gradually slips out after a while of chewing some food or gum. Would highly recommend to anyone. Also there are various colours for this type of earphone found on this site.
on 3 June 2016
I decided to gives these a try after seeing the numerous positive reviews on here but I must say that I have been left a little disappointed. The sound quality overall is average at best with the only highlight being the above average bass performance but everything else falls flat. The earphones themselves are also very large which makes them somewhat of an uncomfortable fit for small ears despite employing the smallest ear buds provided. On the subject of ear buds, the set provided were comfortable. They were reasonably noise cancelling even if this wasn't intended and there isn't too sound leakage, which is a definite plus. A cheap but durable plastic carrier case is also provided to house the earphones.

I am a bit of an audiophile and therefore own quite an extensive range of earphones. Although these performed reasonably well provided the low retail price, I have tried superior earphones within the same price range which offer additional features such an inline mic so please do some research or simply ask around.

This is a quick, open and honest review, which I hope helps you to make a more educated purchase. Have a great day and happy listening.