on 4 December 2013
This is my first review, so please forgive me for any mistakes.

I received the player today in the post, postage was not a problem at all as I have come to expect from amazon. The box was in perfect condition and everything contained had no faults ether. Installing the unit was easy, in the box is a power adapter which made the connection easy, I had to remove the existing aerial extension from my old CD player, for the aerial to connect with this one but no problems there.

One thing I noticed when examining the product is the addition of a mic cable built in to the rear. Your provided with a mic which is suitable for placing anywhere on the dash, however it would require feed behind the dash to fit in place. Not a job I feel comfortable with and so for now the mic is disconnected. The unit works with mobiles still without the mic but if you have the phone audio play through the speakers, the caller will not be able to hear you. I simply switch to speaker on my mobile to achieve the same effect.

The Radio operates like you'd expect, tuning channels is simple and storing them is just as simple. I did not try the AUX or USB connections but I can confirm that you can charge devices through the USB without having them play audio, so there's options there. I didn't try the CD part ether as I'd rather test that while driving to see how it handles bumps so I can't comment on that.

The reason I brought the unit was for bluetooth streaming of my music from my phone. I used to use Fm transmitters but couldn't find one that didn't have some sort of fault, ether poor connections or lack of range. The connection process was simple and reconnecting is easy. Simply play your music on the phone and it'll play through the speakers (after selecting the appropriate source). A previous review mentioned the lack of a pause button but as it turns out I found one by pressing random buttons. Pressing the volume will mute the music while pressing the menu button will pause, it will also pause on phone calls. The controls also work for skipping tracks, repeat and shuffle options which is a must have for myself. Quality is no concern using the bluetooth and there is no delay, some devices I have used in the past would often cut off the first 1/2 second or so but the CD player doesn't seem to do this.

Even though I have given it a 5 star review, there is a problem I'd like to point out with the design of the device. The face connects to the main body by only 1 clip on the left side of the device. This causes a slight wobble but nothing to worry about. The problem is when connecting a USB device. If you pull the USB cable while connected in anyway (Moving the connected device, or disconnecting for example) it while pull the face away from the body and switch the device off. Very annoying for using bluetooth devices as I found you had to reconnect them when this happens. I will be using it to charge in emergency but otherwise I'll stick with wireless.

TL:DR Very happy with the Player, does exactly what I needed it to even with the fixture issue, great value for money and would recommend. Bluetooth is so much better than FM Transmitters.
on 11 April 2014
Been using this for six months. Really excellent sound quality, great EQ, especially for this price. USB works perfectly, FM radio is sensitive enough, CD plays well with no skipping.

The Bluetooth function is well implemented too - you can pair two devices, one as a hands free phone device, another as a music device, or you can just have one device do both which is the mode I use. It takes 30 seconds or so to automatically connect to the phone when you turn it on. Any music playing pauses when a call is received or made, and he included microphone gives good call clarity even when driving. This bluetooth functionality was the main reason I bought this stereo - I was so happy with it I even got a second one for my wife's car.

Unfortunately, last week the bluetooth receiver in the stereo stopped working. It just died. Now it's impossible to connect to the unit - I've tried resetting, initializing, every option in the menus but no joy. The bluetooth unit is built into the stereo rather then a separate external USB item (as in the previous model of this stereo), so it's not user replaceable. Hopefully amazon will honor the warranty and I can swap it for a new one.

Pros: Great audio and super feature set at a very reasonable price.

Cons: Maybe not the best build quality?
on 14 March 2018
Best thing i bought
on 1 July 2014
Decided the replace the original stereo in my Citroen Zsara Picasso. Wanted something with easy connectivity to my iPhone. This couldn't have been any better. Easy to install. I did have to buy an ariel adaptor to fit the original cable, but that was a few quid from Halfords. Installation adaptor cable came with the stereo so it was so easy and straight forward to install. After the initial connection to my phone, every time I get in the car it will automatically connect to my phone and then I can activate SIRI directly from the stereo to activate songs, radio app and all my phone contacts, messages, the lot !! Totally love it. The only negative very picky thing I can think of is I wish it came with some kind of case to store the facia when I take it off and take it with me.

I would highly recommend this Item
on 30 June 2015
I fitted this into a VW T5 Caravelle which already had an aftermarket replacement stereo so already had a single din cage. It was literally a case of using the supplied keys to pull the old stereo out and disconnecting the connector box and then doing the same with this one.

The only difficulty in some cars will be routing the microphone from the back of the stereo to a relevant mounting place on or around your dashboard. In my case this was a simple case of pulling the cable through a gap and mounting by the steering wheel, easy in a T5 but maybe not if dash is all one piece.

The stereo itself is simple to operate and seems to work well. The Bluetooth audio was a key feature for me and this connects to my Samsung Galaxy S5 easily and plays Spotify, Audible etc easily.

Phonecalls seem to be reasonably clear using the microphone.

So far so good!
on 6 June 2014
This is a good radio, it's in a 44 year old car and doesn't like it when the ignition is switched off as it promptly goes to default and loses it's settings.
on 24 January 2014
I like the stereo because it meets my expectations, except that I thought it comes with a remote control. I would love it to have a remote control.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 19 November 2014
very good radio, unlike old Kenwood radios (my last one was from 2006) is very easy to navigate around, the only issue is that when connected to my smartphone via bluetooth, videoclips desynchronize sound and video - I think the problem is that bluetooth is too slow to keep up with HD videoclips. I rather connect it via 3.5mm jack.
on 26 April 2015
great job
on 29 December 2014
On my peugeot 206 couldn't get the steering wheel controls to work but the stereo is so good (love the bluetooth) that I don't care, so many functions