on 8 June 2014
JVC HAFR36S Marshmallow Earbuds, is a great set of earbuds. I love how they fit in my ears. I think you will love these earbuds too. What the description from Amazon does not tell you that these earbuds are actual constructed from memory foam material. I also saw that Amazon did not have a good description for these earbuds so I created one myself. The features and specifications are follow. I hope my helps you in your research and thank you for reading my review.

• JVC Marshmallow Memory Foam Earbuds - Cool and Comfortable to Wear
• Includes Two (2) Sizes of Memory Foam Earpieces
• iPod, iPad, and iPhone Compatible
• Frequency Response: 8Hz - 20,000 Hz
• 11mm neodymium drivers
• Freq resp: 8 Hz–20 kHz
• Sensitivity: 103 dB/mW
on 25 November 2011
I am glad with these earphones taken for their own worth. The sound is quite good, in both low, mid and high range; the isolation from external sound is surprisingly great; and once you get adjusted to wearing them (which shouldn't take long), they fit very well.
On the other hand, the product description was inadequate: it says, among others, that you'd be able to control volume with the remote control, which isn't the case: you can only pause, skip next, skip previous, and answer/end a call (e.g. on an iPhone). Seeing as I specifically chose this version, which, except for the addition of the control, is supposed to be essentially the same as the marshmallows everybody reviews so well (and I think righteously, we'll see about how they can take wear and tear) to have external volume control, which to me is so important (it saves a lot of battery and it makes it easier to control the volume when you're iPod is in a pocket of some sort), I'm not fully satisfied.
on 27 February 2016
To my mind these are the best type of head phones and I use them both with my MP3 player as I'm walking about as well as my mobile phone. The earphones sit comfortably in my ears and they are well worth the money.
on 21 November 2015
Used these and the previous models for years, great isolation from exterior sound, little trebly reproduction but sorted via player equaliser. Can't be beaten for price, you don't cry if you lose them!
on 29 June 2013
Bought to use with my iPod touch, and works a treat, blocks out outside noise (very handy for those annoying "I love the sound of my own voice" people on the bus!) Would recommend =D
on 30 December 2015
I'm writing this review nearly a year later as my headphones finally succumbed to the abuse of being flung into bags; still attached to laptop in bag, and yanked about through sheer clumsiness. They've been comfortable and the sound has always been excellent. I loved them as soon as I first used them. Not to mention the fact that the price was excellent. If i was a bit more careful with earphones I'm sure they'd have lasted much longer, and I've paid more for earphones that have lasted for far less a period of time. I'll be buying them again!
on 21 March 2015
I've always used JVC marshmellow headphones and loved them. They are great for their price and I've never had an issue. My last pair went through the washing machine twice and they still work. But these are awful. Truly terrible.

I've always bought cheap headphones, so I don't expect much, but these are so tinny. Every high note is like someone stabbing my ears with a knife. I had to mess around with the EQ on my phone just so that wasn't constantly wincing while playing my music.

If you are thinking of buying these, do yourself a favour and go for the original marshmellow headphone. Having the little controller on these is not worth the rubbish sound you will be getting.
For now I'll be going back to my old headphones.
on 15 April 2015
Even the smallest ear bud is too large for the ear and having a memory foam ear bud means the headphone physically pushes itself out of your ear to the extent it falls out. Useless for exercising and can't comment on the sound quality or function as it doesn't stay in my ear. They have gone in the bin... Stick with the rubber ear buds, they work
on 29 August 2012
The sound quality is top notch, all my tracks sound great. The pause button on the mic is very poor quality. Sometimes it takes several presses to pause a track and even its stopped working all together, only to start working the next day. Which is a shame as this was the main reason I bought them.
on 9 July 2015
Straight down to the information you need to know;

Pros:
- Soft in your ears with many different sizes
- Sound Quality is fantastic for the price and the size
- Good length of wire to reach from your pocket or on your desk
- Microphone built in with access to answer phone calls from the button
- Button on the wire has many different functionalities. (On iphones, ipods, ipads etc.)
- Sound volume can reach very high at max which is great for those with hearing problems.
- Microphone quality is decent

Cons:
- These earphones are made for Ipods, Iphones and the like. Which means any other phone, the functionalities on the button may not work. I have a Samsung Galaxy W and pushing the button once pauses any music playing and answers phone calls. However the other functions dont work (next track, skip track etc.)
- The button on the right wire can get stuck underneath the collar of your shirt which makes it fall out. Best way to get around this is to tuck it under it.
- Quality at highest volumes can sound distorted slightly, but highest volume is very loud. So I wouldn't recommend it being that high.
- If in a windy area, the microphone picks it up really easily so be wary of that.

Overall conclusion, definitely worth the price and would buy again in a heartbeat.