Customer reviews

JVC HA-S160-B-E FLATS Lightweight Headphones - Black

on 24 September 2017
I have had these for over 3 years and use them almost daily. At first I found the bass a bit muffled and poor treble response but they do improve over time. They still don't quite cut it on the treble response (vocals & cymbals a bit too smooth), but look at the price!
Both ear-pieces have broken off through my carelessness and are now held to the band with superglue. This has meant they are no longer adjustable, but for me this is not a problem as I found they fitted without extending them anyway.
In short, not the highest quality sound or construction, but good for the money and certainly very usable. I would buy again.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 18 April 2014
For the price these are amazing value. The sound quality is good enough for classical music and they feel more expensive than they are. The ear pieces are small but it's not a problem. They are light and reasonably comfortable.

I had some problems with one channel cutting out. It turns out this is the fault of the extension cable I am using. An extension is necessary (for me) because the headphone cable is very short. I still think it deserves 5 stars
on 6 November 2015
My daughters both love these headphones. Used everyday on the bus to school and shoved in their school bag during the day it is a hard life and they last between 6 to 12 months (depending on the daughter - 11 year old's only last 6 months but she is quite tough with them). Both girls like the sound quality and the choice of colours.
on 30 May 2013
Arrived really quickly. Sound is amazing, particularly if you consider the price. Like other reviewers, I could hear instruments that I had been missing when listening on earphones. There is little sound leakage from them, and because they fit snugly, they keep your ears warm and help to block out external noises.
on 9 September 2015
Surprisingly very good for the money,I hate when people say that. These replaced my old sennheiser px 200 mk 1 which are retailing for £70 on amazon for the mk 2. These headphones sound just as good as 30-40 pound headphones and sound astonishingly good for the small price I paid for them. I would be happy if i paid 2-3 times the price for these.
on 8 October 2017
The second pair I have purchased by request. Very light, no sound escapes and especially comfortable for smaller ears and children
on 22 March 2013
Don't hesitate:
comfortable,
well made,
good noise insulation,
very good sound,
folding & portable.
and all for that price !!
on 4 August 2017
Excellent service . Item received on time and securely packaged. Delighted with the headphones they more than came up to expectation. These
headphones are excellent for my I-pad and are very light with excellent sound quality.
on 17 July 2017
Great headphones for the price. Good depth to the sound. Comfortable.
on 26 April 2017
My favourite headphones, the sound is good and they are inexpensive.