Customer reviews

1,507
JVC HA-F150-GN-E GUMY In-Ear Headphones - Kiwi Green
Colour: Kiwi Green|Change
Price:£4.49+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 16 March 2017
Ordered these earphones to replace a JVC pair that had lasted a very long time but had finally lost one side. The new ones looked very much like these so that led me to order them. Unfortunately they turned out to be so similar to my old ones that these also have very little sound in one of the earpieces -- not a welcome feature. Disappointed and just can't be bothered with the hassle of a return.
on 29 March 2014
Bought these to replace the standard Apple earphones for my iPod (2nd generation). Ordered "Lychee White" but received "Coconut White". Best described as a dirty looking white - or grey !

The earphones are quite big but they seemed quite snug in the ears because most of the earphones' surface (including the edges) has a rubbery texture to it. I imagine they might be too big for children and keep falling out.

The lead is long enougn (40 inches) but that's about the only good thing about them. They are TOO QUIET. I don't like music volume too high but I had to turn my iPod volume up to about 90% compared to the normal 30-40% for my Apple earphones. I rate the Apple earphones as average (not much bass) but these are much worse. Very flat and dull sound.

I know they're cheap but I didn't buy them expecting superb sound quality and I would say they're not worth the asking price on Amazon never mind the normal retail price. I've heard better sound from earphones that come with pocket radios costing about a tenner.

I would return them but I had to destroy the packaging (sealed plastic shell) to get them out.
on 2 December 2012
I get through pairs of headphones in no time at all. I find that I roll on the cables when using them in bed and break them. Or I drop my iPod and snap the connections. When I've done it to expensive headphones it's painful on my wallet.

These JVC headphones have good enough sound quality and are made well enough to last me a month or so. Easy on the wallet too.

If only the packaging were easier to get into. It needs a sharp knife and lots of patience.
on 12 August 2012
I bought these headphones as a replacement for the same model but in pink that my cat chewed in half, that should tell how much I like them.

These headphones are comfortable, they sit in my ear nicely and they are a reasonable length too meaning I can put my phone in my jeans pocket and still listen to my headphones with space for movement if need be.

The sound quality is quite good, not as crystal clear as more expensive brands, however, they are fantastic and I have no qualms about using them on a daily basis.
on 11 March 2013
I've bought two pairs of Gumys in the past, both from HMV, and they gave me flawlessly crisp sound and excellent service. These Gumys were not the same at all. There were several design changes that make me think these aren't even official JVC merchandise - the printed letters on either side of the earbuds was in a different font than on normal Gumys, the material around the speakers themselves was hard and uncomfortable, and the sound quality was utterly dreadful. I strongly advise going to your local electronics shop and buying your Gumys from there, rather than trusting these.
on 2 December 2012

on 6 March 2012
I bought these headphones recently and i liked them but they broke. I thought that I should give it another chance.

And to be perfectly honest it was a waste of £4!!! I had that same dent in the headphones where it goes into the ear when first purchased. And the headphones sounded so flat. The balance between the bass and treble was terrible. I adjusted the equaliser settings on my iPOD and that didn't resolve the issue. I gave them away for FREE.

The packaging is also a pain.

Regret wasting money on these. Going to purchase my Sony MDR pair.
on 4 March 2017
Cheap and cheerful. dont sit in ear as well as some but minor they work well. would recommend.
on 6 March 2017
will always use this brand when buying headphones myself, seem to last ages, i love the colours and can usually get them for a great price
on 28 March 2017
Love these headphones. Came quickly and as described