on 15 February 2010
I'm very impressed with this set of earphones its price is great and the quality of the music is near perfect. Its made from a very good rubber material and is very durable. They are also very stylish and the colour is amazing.
However it might be just me but its not very good at isolating noise. For example when i listen to music on the bus i can hear more of the bus engines and outside noises then the music and this is very very frustrating. Even if i turn the volume up it still cannot fully block the noise out. Their also not very comfortable for me i sometimes find myself figgeting with them because they lie on the base of my ear and can fall out if i move my head a bit this is also a reason why it doesnt block noise out well it lies far from my ear.
Overall i would reccomend these but if your someone who wants noise isolation i would reccomend proper in ear ones.
on 14 May 2011
Best headphones i have owned. great value for money. very comfortable stay in well and are perfect lengh, sound quality is brilliant, bought a cheap pair cos i usually destroy my earphones and had these for over a year. These have been the best and most durable so far. They have been through everything and eventually broke a couple of weeks after i accidentally put them in the washing machine. will definitely be buying another pair
on 5 January 2010
These Gumy Headphones are of good sound quality.

However, I find that they fall out of my ears -- as they are a bit light.

Ideally, they would be a bit heavier and therefore stay more put once placed in the ears.
on 13 October 2013
Recently ordered these earphones, which arrived in good time, but when they got here I noticed that both earphones were for the right ear. Unfortunately, this is of no use to me as I have both a right and left ear.
on 14 January 2012
Bought the pink edition of these for my sister, and after I tried them, decided to get these white ones for myself.

After unpackaging the Gumy earphones, which is a little fiddly, but not too fustrating - you're good to go.

These far exceed the quality of the stock Apple earphones, offering a more responsive bass, warmer mid-tones, and a less intrusive treble (I've always found iPod earphones' output to be a little tinny). Simply put, these earphones radically outperform anything else you'd expect to get for under £5.

The build quality is also high the Gumy is also of a durable rubber, which makes it feel relatively sturdy.

Nevertheless, there are a couple of quirks, you should be aware of:

1) Fitting into the ear - it's not always a snug fit, and make take a little bit of readjustment to get them to stay firmly put in your ear.

2) Sound isolation - I've found that you do get a considerable degree of background noise seeping through and disturbing your music, when listening in loud public places. There's also a minimal amount of sound leakage in the opposite direction - if you're in a quiet environment, people might be able to hear what you're listening to!

These minor annoyances aside, the Gumy is a solid pair of earphones, and I've yet to find a different set of earphones that performance to the same standard at this price.
on 17 July 2012
Ordered these headphones with mixed feelings after reading other reviews.

I contacted the seller following a delay in delivery. I had a prompt reply and advised that the product had been lost in transit but they would re-issue. I then received them 2 days later, so no complaints there.

The headphones are well worth the price. Sound quality, although not perfect, is above average. They fit well in my ears and looks wise, they are perfect. They look far more expensive than they actually were.

Would purchase again from this company, and would purchase this product again.
on 16 February 2013
I have bought these before for my daughter, who is forever loosing her headphones. Good value, good sound quality and don't break in weeks like other non-Apple products. Delivery arrived on-time. Only reason I didn't give 5 stars is that none of these after market products for iPhones or iPods are as good as the original.
on 11 September 2013
What more can be said about a lower end of the market headphones apart from the fact that they work. Manufactured by a well known established maker JVC quite well made, and the performance is no more than you can expect for the price.
on 5 March 2013
You have to be really careful... If you're like me and constantly on the road, it's essential you have your iPod headphones with you! But mine always seem to break... Well, one of the speakers will suddenly go bust... Is it just me? Ugh! I guess I need to stop being so tight and go to Apple for my speakers!
on 21 April 2011
I've purchased quite a few earphones in the price range of these, and I have to say these trump them all. Unlike a lot of earphones from this price range, these are very comfortable, I mainly use them wehn out and about or on my laptop, for ease of use.

The wires have never broken or even slightly teared; when I initially purchased them the wires had a lot of grip, so they would stick to my clothes and dangle around everywhere much less, which I guess could be an added bonus.

The only slight problem I've had was sound leakage, after a certain volume the earphones began to leak a little sound outside, which at very high volumes can be quite annoying/distracting.

However, aside from that qwerk the earphones: work fine; haven't broken/torn after a few months of continuous use; very comfortable and are worth the small price you pay for them.