Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Ed Sheeran on Amazon Music Shop now Shop now

I got this camcorder as a birthday present and was delighted with it. It actually fit in a camera pouch that I used to hold my Canon camera in - it's that small (admittedly, my old canon ditital camera was pretty bulky compared to cameras now). The kit didn't come with a separate battery charger so out of the box you'll need to fit the battery on the camcorder and charge this way. i ended up buying a separate battery charger as I prefer to do it this way.

The memory gives you plenty of recording time and the SD slot comes in super useful for taking those occasional pictures. I love the Zoom on this thing as it's easy to use (if not a fraction slower than I had hoped). The flip out screen has 3 touch sensitive buttons and the screen is also touch-sensitive. You get a flashy blue (knight-rider) bar along the edge of the flip-out screen that you can use to scroll along the onscreen menus. My brother says that it's a bit of a gimmick but I like it.

It's a little slow to start up so if you need something that switches on really quick so you don't miss that moment this might not be the camcorder for you. I really like it though as I use it for holidays and I'd suggest a stand because when you zoom in it can get a little shaky.
on 1 March 2013
Bought this three years ago for a special trip. It has the same size memory as my computer and I already have three trip worths of video and pictures on it. Not even half full yet. The best part is that you can save space as it is also a camera, with full function on the zoom which is great. Compact and easy to work with either the touchscreen controls or on the top and back to zoom in and out and on/off. Nice size screen to see what you're taping for those of us who need glasses but don't want to have to keep taking them on and off.

Worth the price.
on 26 November 2015
the camcorder was not as expected. I could not connect it to play back on my tv or dvd recorder, as I had done on my other JVC camcorder. According to the specifications you should be able to, leads were provided.
on 28 January 2014
Bought as a gift for my daughter. Really easy to use and lightweight. One of the best I have seen.