- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 1124 KB
- Print Length: 108 pages
- Publisher: Transworld Digital (6 Nov. 2014)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00KGX23R4
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 193 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #4,811 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
Price set by seller.
Ivy Lane: Winter: Part 4 Kindle Edition
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
This fourth and final installment does not disappoint! It is so beautifully written, I defy you not to fall in love with Ivy Lane and it's residents. As winter descends upon the allotment things wind down, and it almost feels like it's time to hibernate until the spring.
When we last saw the residents in Autumn there was alot happening. Tilly was slowly starting to emerge from her chrysalis and coming back to life after the devastating accident that tore her life apart. Her friends also have much going on for them. Gemma's pregnancy is progressing and her due date is looming ever closer. Charlie is still reeling from Tilly rejecting his advances, and decides he wants to take a step back from their friendship. There has been no word from TV Producer Aidan and Tilly is devastated, as she realises how much she likes him.
However, in good old Tilly fashion, rather than curl up and feel sorry of herself she throws herself full force with the allotment committee. When the roof is blown off and needs repairs the costs threaten to empty the already depleted allotment coffers and leave them with no Christmas party, Tilly jumps to the rescue and organises a cake baking competition at the allotment. The thought of all the cakes had me drooling!! She then goes on to be master organiser by taking on the Christmas party.
Will Gemma's baby arrive safely?Read more ›
It felt like being back with old friends meeting Tilly and the rest of the Ivy Lane community again. I wasn’t sure how life would be for Tilly following that ending to the Autumn instalment but we get to see how her character has progressed throughout the series when, rather than hiding away like she might have done previously, she’s ready to throw herself right into the social events at the allotments and help make sure her friends are as happy as possible, with a little bit of match-making to go with. Tilly is such a likeable character and her infectious spirit is gorgeous to read – she’s a fighter and always thinking of others, even when her own life is suffering. I have to admit though that in Winter, I loved her best friend Gemma’s involvement the most. What with her being well into her pregnancy and very close to her due date, you can just sense that a bit of chaos is about to ensue and Gemma effortlessly makes me laugh, at her attitude to everything. She’s a great character and the kind of mad, but loyal, best friend you’d love to have yourself.Read more ›
A lovely ending but sad to see the end of this series. Perhaps Tilly could make an appearance on Appleby Farm so that we can see how things are panning out for her? I don't think I will ever see allotments in the same light again. They really do feel like exciting places to be and its been the subject of many a conversation with my friends.
Thanks for a really wonderful series Cathy!
I am totally torn apart right now because on one hand I am so happy to read the whole series, to know what's happened, and on the other hand I'm really sad that the adventure with this friendly allotment just came to an end and that there won't be any more from Tilly and Co... The only thing that is going to keep me going is the fact, that Cathy's next series, "Appleby Farm", starts in February.
But back to Ivy Lane. It was brilliant to meet and greet all the characters that I already grown to love. And it was great to see Tilly, full in her element organizing, organizing and organizing, not only at the allotment, but also at school. Tilly back to life. She was such a good soul, she has really not deserved the life that she had, not this bitter fate and I rooted for her and wanted everything to be okay for her.
It may sound unbelievable, but there are some new secrets revealed in this part as well, especially the one about Charlie. I had very mixed feelings towards Charlie through the whole series and wasn't really sure what to think about him, he seemed to be so fascinated, charmed by Tilly, he wanted her to love him but all the time there was something wrong in him for me. But to be totally honest, also Aidan is not my idea of the Boyfriend of the Year, so actually for me it didn't matter which guy Tilly was going to choose, I was not going to be a happy cookie. Ha, no, I'm not going to tell you which one is this, oh no.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've read all four parts to this book in less than 48 hours stealing ten minutes here and there and when the kids have been put to bed non stop reading until my eyes could focus no... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Kerrie mosley
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Fiction > Contemporary Fiction
- Books > Fiction > Short Stories
- Books > Fiction > Women Writers & Fiction
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Families & Parents > Marriage
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Relationships > Love & Romance
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Relationships > Weddings
- Books > Humour > Love, Sex & Marriage
- Books > Romance > Collections & Anthologies
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Humour > Parenting & Families
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Humor
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Parenting & Families
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Collections & Anthologies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help & Counselling > Relationships