Ivation Portable 900dpi Color & Mono Handheld Wand Scanner for Document, Photo, Receipts, Books - Built in LCD Display - Optical Character Recognition (Ocr) Software Included - Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Features: Scanner for Color & Monochromatic Images, Documents, Magazine
- Resolution: Standard Resolution: 300 DPI (default); High Resolution: 900DPI
- External Memory: Support Micro SD Card up to 32GB
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) Software Included
- Very Comparct, Travel Friendly- Good for Scanning Documents, Books & Pictures up to A4 Size
Customers also shopped for
Document clutter doesn't stand a chance! With Ivation's Magic-Wand-like Handheld
Scanner, you can easily scan and record photos, documents, articles, newspaper
clippings, book excerpts, receipts and virtually anything else printed on paper or
presented on screen. The PS4300 can operate on batteries independently and store
recorded data on a micro-SD card. Alternatively, you can connect the scanner to your
computer using a standard USB cable and scan directly onto the computer. It is even
compatible with iPad and Android tablets - simply establish a USB connection (iPad may
need adapter) to copy scanned images from scanner to tablet.
Included in the box is: PS4300 900 DPI (Dots Per Inch) Portable Scanner, Direct Plugin (no drivers necessary) Software CD, User Manual, USB cable, Three AAA Alkaline Batteries, & a Handy Pouch.
The 3 included AAA alkaline batteries power the device when not used with computer, and last up to approximately 300 full-page scans. Scanning speeds vary depending on DPI settings: a 900 DPI scan in color takes about 9 seconds, while a monochromatic scan takes about 8 seconds. At 600 DPI, a color scan takes 4 seconds, and a monochromatic one just 2 seconds. Switch the sensor to 300 DPI for 2-second color scans and a quick 1- second mono scan.
The included MagicScan software features full-fledged optical character recognition (OCR) capabilities. With picture direct scanning, scanned images are inserted directly into your software of choice (e.g. Microsoft Office, MSN, Skype). Supported file formats include JPEG and PDF, and the micro-SD card slot can handle cards up to 32GB in size. A status LCD display lets you know battery life and scanning information among other things, and the device has an auto-off feature that powers it down after 3 minutes of inactivity.
Top customer reviews
The Ivation Portable Scanner is especially handy because it is both small and easy to use. I was able to begin scanning almost immediately (although you will need to have an extra micro SD memory card handy).
- Uses 3 AAA batteries which are included
- Also requires a micro SD card in order to scan to a memory card - the micro SD is not included, but they are pretty inexpensive
- Can scan in either color or black/white - color scans are done as PDF files.
- Plug and play easy on a Mac - I simply connected the provided USB cable to my computer from the scanner and I was immediately able to transfer the scans
- My only complaint is that I wish that it tracked/rolled a little smoother... not that it is bad, but if you don't scan the picture while keeping the scanner perfectly straight it causes the picture to have a bit of an arc. The best way to describe it is to think of a squeegee you must keep it perfectly vertical or horizontal or it will leave arcs.
- Comes with a vinyl carrying case.
Final Verdict - I like the Ivation Portable Scanner - it a very simple device that delivers high quality scans. I am impressed at how quickly you are able to go from the box to having a fully functioning scanner - I wish that it tracked/rolled a little bit smoother, but other than that I don't have any complaints.
4 1/2 Stars
Please Note - I received this product for reviewing purposes