Customer reviews

on 19 November 2007
Lovely rhyming and great characters. Nice happy ending for four animals stuck in the rain with no home. Would recommend this one to everyone. My daughter loves it and she is just under 3 years old.
on 7 May 2009
My mother gave me this book to read with my baby daughter. I read it to her from before she could even talk but she loved the rhythm even then. Now 19 months and able to speak a little she races to me with the book shouting 'ouse, 'ouse and insists on my reading it. Great story, good for holding short attention spans, and some exciting lightening in the middle to see them through to the end of the book. I wish the illustrations were done differently; it's a wonderful book anyway.
on 19 August 2008
If you could take the English language, remove all the boring bits, twist it about a little, crank it up a notch and manage to arrange it into an enjoyable, rhyming story, then you would have written this book. A joy to read aloud, there just aren't enough books like this around!
on 9 October 2011
My daughter asked for this as she enjoys the book at nursery, it definitely doesn't disapoint and this is the overall favourite in our house for bedtime reading, my little one can even tell the story from memory, this was a great buy
on 17 August 2016
Fabulous story but you have to do the voices!!!