- Paperback: 36 pages
- Age Range: 6 years and up
- Publisher: The O'Brien Press; 1 edition (3 May 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1847172032
- ISBN-13: 978-1847172037
- Product Dimensions: 19 x 0.4 x 24 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (5 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 219,858 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
It's Called Dyslexia Paperback – 3 May 2010
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'this book is both a lesson for children and a reassurance for them and their parents' (Books Ireland)
'all this is done in a charming story with attractive illustrations' (Books Ireland)
'O'Brien Press are to be commended for publishing It’s Called Dyslexia ... The story is strong and will capture the imagination of any child' (Irish Independent Magazine)
'may not only inspire those children who have this difficulty, but give their classmates and the adults in their lives an insight into how it feels to live with dyslexia' (Evening Echo)
'great for paired reading' (Bookfest)
'simple narrative and excellent full-page illustrations, empathizing with the emotions of children grappling with dyslexia' (Bookfest)
'with its good intentions and sensitive text, is a useful book to have available for adults and children to share' (School Librarian Magazine)
'clearly designed to be read by children and their parents ... written in a very reassuring manner, emphasising the help that is available so the child can feel supported by school and home ...of great help to both parents and teachers' (Armadillo)
'This is a clear and well-illustrated book, perfect to snuggle up on the sofa with together' (Woman’s Way)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
A welcome relief for him from the pressure and worry of everyday school life now that he knows he has Dyslexia, it’s like a big weight lifted from his shoulders.
This is a great little book.
Although my son suffers from both dyslexia and dysgraphia, I found this book quite intimidating and didn't end up reading it with him.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Fiction > Family, Friends & Social Issues
- Books > Children's Books > Fiction > School Stories
- Books > Children's Books > Growing up & Facts of Life > Friendship & Social Guidance > Disability & Special needs
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Self Help
- Books > Reference > Language > Reading Skills