Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Edition - Sgt. Pepper Shop Women's Shop Men's

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 32 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 14 Sep 2012, 01:58:19 BST
Neale Hind says:
At time of writing Amazon are not selling the collection, stating:

"Item Under Review: This product is not currently offered by Amazon because a customer recently told us that the item he or she received was not as described".

Anyone know what is 'not as described'? My set looks to have everything but not having played the disks yet I wondered if there was a problem with some of them.

Cheers,

Posted on 14 Sep 2012, 02:51:56 BST
Last edited by the author on 14 Sep 2012, 03:34:55 BST
Some copies of the movies have had issues that maybe why it is under review.You should be able to find out the specifics for your region here. http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=196127 Here is another link on the issue. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wrong-Disks-in-UK-version/forum/Fx3E2ZZQEWCVJDI/Tx1OZ1KQ25MJSQ2/1/ref=cm_cd_dp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B007N0IJGC

Posted on 14 Sep 2012, 22:22:31 BST
I am worried by this, it doesn't mean we have a fake does it, also my item has 2 authenticity certificates, amazon said this could be human error!

Posted on 14 Sep 2012, 22:54:15 BST
Last edited by the author on 14 Sep 2012, 22:56:19 BST
Part 4 and 5 are the theatrical releases.Most likely they will do a disk replacement.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Sep 2012, 22:59:06 BST
So it is unlikely I have a fake? sorry to be a pain but i am a avid HP fan and would be gutted! lol The set looks amazing

Posted on 15 Sep 2012, 01:51:01 BST
Most likely no.This set has had a couple of discs issues.Basically a screw up by WB.Hofepully they fix it.I bought the us wizard collection which thankfully does not have these issues.But like I said they will probably fix it.

Posted on 15 Sep 2012, 01:54:15 BST
I would suggest you contact this e-mail wbcustomerservices@technicolor.com as they can probably help you better with the issues.

Posted on 15 Sep 2012, 07:40:42 BST
Here is a website with a post that mentions all the issues with th UK release.Hope they get these issues fixed for you.

Posted on 15 Sep 2012, 07:41:45 BST
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=204807 Check post #12.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Sep 2012, 08:30:20 BST
Thank you Matthew I will email them shortly, thankyou for your help :)

Posted on 15 Sep 2012, 18:03:23 BST
Neale Hind says:
Amazon have confirmed the problem and are requesting returns of the collection. Annoying, I don't see why they couldn't just replaced the discs, but it's good to know that they are sorting it out with their usual efficiency. That's a significant factor in why I use Amazon for so many purchases. With Amazon, and Amazon sellers, returns are always processed efficiently and promptly.

Posted on 15 Sep 2012, 18:16:15 BST
where does it say they are requesting returns?? I haven't recieved anything?

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Sep 2012, 18:25:47 BST
Last edited by the author on 15 Sep 2012, 19:04:57 BST
Neale Hind says:
I registered a 'Defective Item' against the order' and they replied that they confirm the fault. They have given details of how to arrange a collection.

[UPDATED] I'm a bit concerned by the statement in their email, 'return for a full refund'. I, like everyone else I suspect, don't want a refund. I want a replacement with the correct items. I've emailed them back about this to see if 'replacement' is an option.

Posted on 15 Sep 2012, 22:45:03 BST
Last edited by the author on 15 Sep 2012, 22:59:20 BST
Phelings says:
The reason its under review is because Warner have put the wrong discs for Part 4 and Part 5 in the set so the In Movie Experience is not available as it should be - in fact I could not access a pop up menu at all on OOTP. My set didn't have a Goblet of Fire Bluray either which was replaced by an identical disc of the dvd special features. I emailed Warner who say the replacement discs will be available from September 18th . Rather than waste time returning the entire set just contact Warner who will send you the correct Blurays for films 4 and 5 although you may want to swap the 3D discs too which are labelled up the wrong way round.
If you've not unpackaged your set or are giving it to someone for Xmas you best undo it now as the errors seem to be with every unit not just some.
The email address to contact is : WBCustomerServices@technicolor.com

Posted on 16 Sep 2012, 07:07:30 BST
Last edited by the author on 17 Sep 2012, 13:02:41 BST
Adasme says:
What the WB will do if the buyer are from Finland and has pre-ordered aka buy 1 boxset from Amazon.co.uk site, and movie discs 4,5 and 6 bluray´s dont have DTS sounds & movie experience at all? + movie 7 3D part 1 and part 2 disc are wrong labeled (i mean part 1 is actually part 2 and part2 is part 1) ? This will do 5 wrong blyray discs totally.

Will WB send replacement discs at Free without those discs cd boxes / cd books???
What i should write the email ,discs ID numbers,take pictures of them or what that WB understand that some discs are wrong versions?
Could some one tell me,please

Edit/ I send email for WB and hope they answer for me tomorrow how to proceed with this case!
I really hope that i get those 5 replacement discs as soon as possible (and maybe free shipping).

Edit2// I received reply from WB about 56 minutes ago;

"We can confirm that due to an error, the In Movie Experience was omitted from the Movie Blu-ray discs of the Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Also there is an artwork error on the 3D discs of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 and Part 2 and Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince The Movie Blu-ray. To rectify this, we are currently manufacturing replacement discs for the above; this will be sent on to you immediately when we receive them, which we expect to be within the next 10 days.

We will post all the replacement discs out to the below address you provided without any extra cost.

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused, and thank you for bringing the problem to our attention."

So at outside of the UK, they will too send replacement discs! (Im from Finland)

I´m so happy for this one! Now i just have to wait that they get and send those 5 discs, so maybe at 2-3 weeks i have to wait to get some little package from WB. :)

Posted on 17 Sep 2012, 13:55:16 BST
I recieved the same email Adasme! WB are being efficient and it is much better than sending back to amazon! What if we sent back and had no more to buy?!

Posted on 17 Sep 2012, 14:22:03 BST
Adasme says:
I wondered the same myself, what if I would have returned the whole box set??
And then Amazon would say; that there wouldn´t be any more boxes left on the market what to send as a replacement.. (or the bad case would be; receiving again incomplete box set with 5 wrong discs).
Fortunately, I realized put that email,that i won´t return the box set because it is rare & limited edition, but I ask 5 replacement discs.

Thank god WB understand situation and will do those replacement discs and will sending those without any extra cost for people who had emailed them about these errors,
and Yes they will send replacement discs outside of UK too.

WB can apparently fix they errors in smoothly as well as fast, so Thank you for that! :)

Now i only waiting that i receiving replacement discs maybe at next week or little bit later.

Posted on 17 Sep 2012, 14:28:12 BST
Adasme I am glad they send you your discs outside of the UK too. My problem as well as the discs was that I received 2 certificates with different numbers, I have been so worried about the disc thing incase I had to send the whole set back! I feel much happier now. I haven't looked at the set as it is a christmas present off my mom, but someone else checked it over for me :)

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2012, 14:44:02 BST
Adasme says:
2 certificates with different numbers, Wow thats weard.. If i was you, i would write again for WB and asking should i send 1 certification number paper back for them ,so they can send it somebody who maybe write them; that his/her box set comes without any certification number.. I hope that you will get too right replacement discs and get sort out of that 2 certification problem (i mean which certification number belongs to your box set).

ps. your better check that you have all extra stuff inside of your boxset eg maps,books etc, and all (31) right discs and that they includins all promised movies/extras/sounds (bluray´s and dvd´s).

Posted on 17 Sep 2012, 14:55:14 BST
yes I asked them if they would like me to send it back, I am awaiting a reply, I replied to the same person that emailed me, instead of the WB email, do you think that is ok?

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2012, 15:02:17 BST
Adasme says:
Hmm, maybe you should post emails same person who answering you back,that certificate thing goes as smoothly as it can and you avoid misunderstandings etc.. If you don´t get any answer for a week or something, then maybe you should post for WB email and let them know that you have earlier email other person about 2 certification numbers and you want to know what to do that extra certification number..

Posted on 17 Sep 2012, 21:21:57 BST
Neale Hind says:
I emailed Warner Brothers this morning but have not received a reply. Could someone check that the email address "wbcustomerservices@technicolor.com" is the correct one. Or did the replies received come from a different email address?

I did receive a reply from Amazon that they will only take the entire collection back for refund. I would have to keep watching their website and reorder when they put it back on sale (when all their stock will be correct).

Posted on 17 Sep 2012, 23:14:26 BST
Neale that is a correct web address for your initial email. Then you should receive a reply off a personal address where it just comes up with their name, so i'd check your junk. Although they could take up to 2 working days to reply. I have a telephone number if you wish to call them ... I will call them too if I don't recieve a second reply.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Sep 2012, 01:30:29 BST
Today, I got my 6th set. Every one of them have had damaged discs. I eventually had to take the good ones out and put them in a set. I still had seven that were damaged. I kept telling Amazon to stop selling them until they could find the problem and fix it. Finally today they did. I am sure there were others with the problem. I reviewed it and others replied and said they looked and had damaged discs. Now I am kind of worried. I have no idea when they will get the new sets in. I hope I can get one. I had it on the day it came out. I will have to check everyday like twice a day. I live in Maryland, USA.

Posted on 18 Sep 2012, 05:31:17 BST
[Deleted by Amazon on 18 Sep 2012, 07:32:00 BST]
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  32
Initial post:  14 Sep 2012
Latest post:  5 Oct 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers