on 9 November 2013
Having tried different travel books, my preference is for the lonely planet series. I like the writing style, the format and the detail. It is difficult to do justice to any country in any travel book. As I had hoped this book gives enough detail about the key places of interest and useful explanations about the key sites. I use these books for pre-departure preparation. I usually base my itinerary on anthing which piques my interest. This is a good book for that. I have travelled twice to Italy and purchased this book to prepare a third voyage (having not used a book on the first two). The lovely photos and emotive descriptions give you the envy to visit certain places over others, and for me this is the research value of a travel book.
on 18 January 2014
I spent a couple of summers in Italy and this book spent them with me. A good insight into some of the more obscure things to do, especially on a small budget. From paying 50 cents to cross the Grand Canal on a Gondola to watching the sunset from the hiltop in Florence, you're sure to have a magical time.
on 5 January 2017
A very, very good guide for people who have not been in Italy before.
on 27 June 2016
Extremely useful, rich, detailed, contains good introduction to practically everything. Recommended by an Italian!
on 18 May 2016
Loved this book and was helpful guiding me through my adventures.
on 13 November 2015
Most of these country-wise travel-guides fail to give distances between various focal points within the country, by road, or by rail-- this factor, would help the tourist/ traveller plan his/ her journey, by day or by night.
on 21 May 2016
good condition
on 8 January 2015
Great book. Tells you all you need to know
on 10 April 2014
Just like any another Lonely Planet Bool, plenty of information, directions, descriptions of all sorts, restaurant guide a bit misleading though
on 21 April 2015
Good price, timely delivery.