Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tom Chaplin Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 22 February 2015
Absolutely love this! Long lasting and smells just amazing. I have had quite a few compliments about this fragrance and been asked what it is, everyone i know loves it's fresh smell. This is a must buy for me and would recommend it with no hesitations!
on 27 July 2017
Really nice smell what more can I say
on 6 March 2017
Doesn't last long as I'd like but I love the scent.
on 20 June 2012
great product great smell good value for money and well presented delivered ahead of my expectations overall I am very happy to recommend this product
VINE VOICEon 9 May 2012
I love Issey Miyake fragrances, they give a masculine tint to what are otherwise flowery, feminine notes. Lovely sweet meadows and citrus are the overriding odours that I usually associate with Issey, so to add a sporty twist to the mix should be a cause for great celebration.

The bottle the Sport comes in is typically Issey in shape but is otherwise something of a departure for the company. Gone is the plain glass-and-plastic of yore, replaced with a design that screams `SPORTY' - from the tinted glass base to the chromium-plated booster and the special lasered rubber cap. The bottle design may not be the thing one looks for when buying a new scent, but having one as nice as this sitting on your dresser is not exactly a hardship.

Unfortunately, on my skin at least, the standard of what's inside the bottle doesn't match the standard of the bottle itself. Issey Miyake Sport is a heavy, musky odour that chokes my nostrils and lingers far longer than I would like. It has top notes of bergamot and grapefruit, with a wholly nutmeg centre and a vetiver (that's Indian perennial grass, to you and me) and cedar base. Unusually for Issey, the citric odours of bergamot and grapefruit seem to have been toned down quite a bit, while something else in there (the nutmeg, maybe?) is really quite strong. Whatever it is, it seems to overpower the gentler ingredients and leave them quite subdued.

It's hard for me to say it, but Sport lacks everything that typically makes Issey Miyake fragrances as good as they are, and reminds me of countless other scents by so many other houses. Sport is a fragrance that I seemed to remember having smelled numerous times before, and that's not something I can say about other Issey concoctions. I've heard Sport likened to the original Issey Miyake and its Intense cousin, neither of which I liked at all, and although those were both better than this it might be that someone with a taste for them would get on with it more than I did.

Issey seems to be taking this scent quite seriously, as it's the first of the company's range (both past and present) that I've seen advertised on television. Maybe they have such faith in it that they feel it's worth spending advertising revenue on, or maybe they feel it needs advertising to sell. Personally, I feel they should have spent the money pushing some of their other fragrances, the awesome (and sadly now discontinued) Bleue and Bleue Fraiche, for example.
on 19 December 2014
i wa asked to review this order and accidentally hit poor for service (on a touch phone) and could not amend. it arrived in excellent time, was great value compared to high street pricing. my son loves the smell of this (he is 18) already gone through a set i bought him at duty free (for more money i might add) and this was on his wish list for christmas
on 6 April 2013
I really like this zesty (lime) sport IM spray after having sampled it in Men's Health, lasts a good long time on the skin, my lady friend approves, what more can I say ;)
on 12 July 2013
Was a bit concerned about what I was going to receive but this was the genuine scent and was sent promptly.
on 30 June 2013
My son asked me to but this for his birthday, was such a lovely smell for a man spray, he loves it.
on 3 January 2015
Bought this for my husband for Christmas as it is a favourite of his and was not disappointed. The aftershave arrived very quickly despite being ordered in the two weeks before Christmas and was exactly as expected. Most importantly, it smells fantastic and, unlike some other aftershaves, the smell does not wear off too quickly.