Format: Audio CD|Change

on 30 June 2014
Yet another Awesome album by Seether!

I love it, Shaun Morgan with his strong Vocals/Lyrics and awesome Guitar not to mention the drumming!

Yet again they exceed my expectations and I love every song in this album which is a trait that not many bands can pull off!

Being a Musician this band has been a true inspiration and has a big influence on me and on my own development as a drummer and guitarist

I feel that this band never gets anything near the amount of credit they deserve and alot of people I know haven't heard of them!?!?!

Please if you like Seether get this album you will not be disappointed one bit! :D
on 25 November 2014
I bought this album for a friend, after we saw them live last week. Having only heard Words as Weapons from the album before seeing them, I can tell that this album will be huge. The banging guitar riffs are back giving a sound reminiscent of their first album feature, best seen in songs like See You At The Bottom, and the quirky sound from holding onto strings much better left to fray can be seen in songs like Same Damn Life (which is absolutely fantastic performed live) or Watch Me Drown.

I would highly recommend this music to any rock fan, or any grunge fan. Seether are one of the few bands who seem to seamlessly merge the two genres together and create fantastic albums.
on 21 September 2014
Not listened to Seether before, and I am a fan of the likes of Porcupine tree... I really love this album by them, but was not so impressed by some of their others.. over all this album has not been off the CD player much since I downloaded it...
on 17 April 2015
If your looking for a new sound or have been a fan for years you need this album in your collection
I've only recently discovered this band (who've been around for sometime now) and have picked up 3 of their albums.
I've noticed how they're sound has matured and mellowed over the years, yet still retains an edge of angst.
There is no question that they pour emotion into each and every track.

So I don't got too arty-farty; They play guitars good and make good sounds. ;)
Buy it.
on 7 July 2014
Isolate And Medicate is the sixth full-length album by South African post-grunge band Seether. It will be released on 1 July, 2014 via Concord Music Group / Spinefarm Records. It comes three years after Holding Onto Strings Better Left To Fray and will be the first album by Seether to be released on LP Vinyl. The first single from the album “Words As Weapons” was released on 1 May, 2014 and the video can be seen below.

I have been a fan of this band for many years now having come across their album Karma And Effect (2005), from which I have naturally followed this band’s progression. They, to me, have always been a bit underrated to me but recent albums have done well – Holding Onto Strings… debuted at #2 in the Billboard 200 charts in the U.S, which may discredit my statement about them being ‘underrated.’

Anyway, I was and still am very excited for this new album that is coming out at the end of June (according to Amazon UK) and then being released early July in other parts of the world; still, a new Seether album isn’t bad for me anyway. Unlike Holding Onto Strings…, this album is 10 tracks long (with an added 4 on the deluxe edition) so I guess it’s going for that ‘quality over quantity’ motto. I would probably say it continues that the momentum that Holding Onto Strings… started and, on the first listen, I really liked the album.

Saying that, Isolate And Medicate isn’t exactly changing their formula of how they write songs. In recent years the band have added elements to their music with the introduction of keyboards/synthesizers on Finding Beauty In Negative Spaces (2007) and then with a varied assortment of songs being both loft and soft on Holding Onto Strings…The first song from this album “See You At The Bottom” starts off this album really well. It’s a rocky number which follows the ‘soft loud soft’ writing which, upon the first few listens, seems simple enough but the melody gets stuck inside your head.

After listening through the album a couple of times to get my bearings, I found the album to be great. There are some rocky numbers on here whilst there a few softer numbers with melody the main focus of those songs, especially “Crash” which has these strings during the chorus – it’s definitely one of my favourites from the record. However, “Suffer It All” one of the heaviest songs on the album (feeling like Seether of old) and it’s insane that they manage to sound like their old selves, whilst writing a chorus which, well, sounds like modern Seether. It’s just one of those which will blow long-time Seether fans.

However, towards the end of the album the momentum starts to slip away a little, it’s like an album of two halves – first half is really great, whilst the other half is not so great. There a few songs which have great riffs - “Keep The Dogs At Bay” - but then change to a quiet verse. The last track “Save Today” is an awesome acoustic number which closes the album well, Shaun’s vocals reverberating out. with the drums coming in halfway through.

How does the record sound? It sounds great. It has a great production and mix so that it feels like a proper rock record, not one of those bad modern metal record which has been over mixed to hell. You can hear just about everything, and the drums sound fantastic as you can hear the loud crack of the snare drum all throughout this record; definitely makes the record greater in that respect when you can hear everything clearly.

Overall: So, then, after a few listens through of this album it’s safe to say that I think this is one of the best Seether albums in years. Even though the album is short by the band’s standards, the music on it is absolutely fantastic, and there’s certainly a variety (just like the last album) of very loud, loud and soft music on this album even for the die-hard Seether fan. Is this Seether’s best in years? It’s hard to say. To me, every album has been good but this one feels like they’ve written great music. In short: a great album that you should pick up.
on 11 July 2014
Amazing album. One of those bands that just keep getting better with each release. Would definatly reccomend.
on 11 July 2015
This album had been sat on my wish list for a while after hearing the Disclaimer album, which was my introduction to Seether.
I dashed into a local cd store in anticipation of getting my hands on the new Revolution Saints album and as this was there too I thought I would get it. Well, keen as I was to get my paws on the RS album it was this one on repeat cycle after cycle in my car for weeks! Heavyish rock with some brilliant lyrics. Several months after buying it this CD still gets played a lot. It has to be their best yet
on 6 July 2014
I've never actually reviewed anything before but I feel I owe it to Seether to give them a well deserved 5 stars. I've loved listening to this latest offering having owned their last 3 albums and can safely say I think it's already my favourite. It's very rare these days to find an album where you love all the songs but this is definitely one of them. All the bonus songs are just as good as the standard tracks and really all there is left to say is to buy this god damn album, it's Seether at their very very best and a pleasure to listen to!
on 10 January 2015
I had heard good things about this new album from Seether. I already have their other albums, and I am not disappointed by this one.
on 31 October 2014
awesome album, so many catchy songs on here. i'm not even sure seether know how to make a bad song ;)