Isle of the Displaced: Italian-Scot's Memoirs of Internment During the Second World War Hardcover – 1 Apr 1997
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'An important document in the history of Italian emigration to foreign lands ... gives a graphic description of life in war-time Britain.' La Nazione, Italy 'A vivid account and testament of a period of mass emigration from Italy and Barga in particular.' Il Tirreno, Italy 'An eye opener. Compelling prose with vivid vignettes searing the mind.' Books in Scotland
About the Author
Joe Pieri was born in Tuscany in 1919 but spent all his life as an Italian in Glasgow where he was a successful restaurateur. He died in 2012, aged 93. He wrote for pleasure and had several books on Italian Scots and Glasgow to his credit.
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Canada
- Books > Biography > Political > Countries & Regions
- Books > Biography > War & Espionage > World War II
- Books > History > World History > World War II 1939-1945 > Battles & Campaigns
- Books > History > World History > World War II 1939-1945 > Biographies & Memoirs
- Books > History > World History > World War II 1939-1945 > Prisoners of War