- Also check our best rated Travel Book reviews
The Islandman (Oxford Paperbacks Series) Paperback – 23 Mar 1978
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Part of a unique and remarkable Irish literary archive ... compelling. (Neil Johnston, Belfast Telegraph, 24/6/00)
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Having read the original, I knew that I just had to visit the Great Blasket .Over the years I have revisited on many occasions ,always with my latest edition to hand .
The Author's descriptive style is better than any modern guide book. The reader must surely wonder what life was really like for the Islanders at the time the book was written.
Thanks to the splendid Blasket Centre at Dunquin it is possible to get some idea.
Any visitor who hasn't made the pilgrimage to the island should buy this book and book the ferry.
This is of course a world famous book and will not really need me to submit a review .This edition however does have pictures which were not in the original.
Any lover of all things Irish who hasn't read this book ,if possible,should buy it straight away .A real treat for the soul and quite humbling .
If you have a copy ,buy another and give it to a friend .Future generations need to know about ,and love ,this book.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Europe
- Books > Biography > Historical > Social & Urban History
- Books > Biography > Political > Britain
- Books > History > Europe > Great Britain > 20th Century
- Books > History > Europe > Ireland
- Books > History > Social & Cultural
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > Europe > Ireland