Customer reviews

on 3 July 2004
A rushing noise filled my ears as my heart began to pound. I tore the pin from my grenade and pulled back my arm to hurl it. I heard a crack! and felt a blow just above the elbow. The grenade was torn from my hand and I hurtled away, heading back down the slope. I struggled to retain my balance in the shifting sand, desparetly trying to pull another grenade out. Then I felt an explosion in my chest and I slumped to my knees in agoney.
This book is part war story and part fact book. 'Island of Fear' is about a U.S. Marine who is about to attack the Island of Iwo Jima, but first they must take two other Islands with deep in-trenched Japanese troops. John Smith is a U.S. Marine who is helping assult the Island, but he gets shot on the first Island. Will he make to the next two Islands? Find out in number eight of the warpath seris 'Island of Fear'. (Age group 12 and up). My opinoin on this book when I first read it was, it left a lot of questtions in the first part and it got very exciting.
on 25 February 2001
John Smith a US marine is about to take part in one of the most ferocious battles in the second world war, the assault on Iwo Jima. He fights none stop agsinst the Japanese army who are dug deep inside an old inactive volcano.