Islam, Democracy, and Cosmopolitanism: At Home and in the World Hardcover – 24 Mar 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'The book's approach to Islamic religious tradition and its meaning in this world is materialist and sociological, articulating its experience within a broader cosmopolitan space of modern conditions.' A. R. Abootalebi, Choice
This book presents a critical study of citizenship, state and globalization in societies that have been historically influenced by Islamic traditions and institutions. Interrogating the work of contemporary theorists of Islamic modernity, this book explores the debate on Islam, democracy and modernity, contextualized within contemporary Muslim lifeworlds.See all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Political History > Democracy
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Islam > Festivals
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Political Science & Ideology > Democracy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Multicultural Studies > Islamic Studies