Islam and the Baha'i Faith (Culture and Civilization in the Middle East) Paperback – 24 Mar 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Oliver Scharbrodt provides a striking exception to this history of disinterest and neglect. He does not just take a second look at the two movements; he places them ﬁrmly within the history of modern Islamic reform. The result is a compelling achievement that opens up new avenues for research in both areas and for the re-examination of matters chronologically prior to and after the two men whose careers form the basis for the present work. Scharbrodt’s own research is just what a study like this demands: detailed, wide-ranging, and careful."
- Denis MacEoin in Religion 40 (2010), pp. 72-73
About the Author
Oliver Scharbrodt is Lecturer in the Study of Religions at University College Cork, Ireland. His research interests lie in the study of modern Islam and of Iranian Shiism and Sufism.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Religious History > Islam
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Islam
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Other Religions > Baha'i
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Comparative Religion
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Political Science & Ideology > Political Science