- Paperback: 262 pages
- Publisher: University of California Press; 1987 Edition edition (1 July 1992)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0520006755
- ISBN-13: 978-0520006751
- Product Dimensions: 1.9 x 14 x 20.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 759,726 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Ishi in Two Worlds: A Biography of the Last Wild Indian in North America Paperback – 1 Jul 1992
|New from||Used from|
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"A book that all Americans should read."--"New York Times
About the Author
Theodora Kroeber (1897-1979), wife of Alfred Louis Kroeber, is also the author of The Inland Whale (California). Karl Kroeber, son of Theodora Kroeber, is Mellon Professor in the Humanities at Columbia University and coeditor, with Clifton Kroeber, of Ishi in Three Centuries (2003). Lewis Gannett was a critic for the New York Herald-Tribune. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
This is the cheaper option of the e-book and so there are some mistakes with grammar and layout but you get what you pay for.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
An interesting book that covers the demise of American Indians, and also depicts the lifestyle of the people in great detail.Published on 10 Mar. 2014 by A. Ali
What a great story he tells excellant for anyone studing. How can he retain so much integrity after the disgusting treatment before his capture. Read morePublished on 8 Dec. 2011 by maz
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Indian Subcontinent
- Books > Biography > Historical > Social & Urban History
- Books > Biography > Historical > United States
- Books > Biography > Social & Health Issues > Cultural History
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > History > North America > Native Americans
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Academic Sociology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology