Isaiah 1-39 Interpretation (Interpretation: A Bible Commentary for Teaching and Preaching) Paperback – 29 Dec 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
This unique commentary allows the interpretation of Isaiah 1-39 to be guided by the final form of the whole book of Isaiah. It focuses on the theological aspects of Isaiah, giving special attention to the role of literary context. Christopher Seitz explores structural and organizational concerns as clues to the editorial intention of the final form of the material, which he argues is both intelligible and an intended result of the efforts of those who gave shape to the present form of the book. He speaks of the "presentation" of Isaiah (the way in which the prophet and his message have been shaped for posterity), and shows how many structural indications provide clues to interpretation. Seitz casts light upon the larger shape of the entire book of Isaiah. --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.
About the Author
Christopher R. Seitz is Professor of Old Testament and Theological Studies at the University of Saint Andrews in Scotland. He is the author or editor of eight books including Figured Out: Typology, Providence and Christian Scripture and Nicene Christianity: The Future for a New Ecumenism.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Actually, I have found all the Interpretations series to be helpful.
V. Ned Bixler
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Bible > Bible Studies > Old Testament > Commentaries
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Bible > Bible Studies > Old Testament > Criticism & Interpretation
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Bible > Commentaries > Major Prophets
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Evangelism > Preaching
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Reference
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Judaism > Sacred Writings > Hebrew Bible (Old Testament)