Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > 1000 Lives forum

Is this legit???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 Sep 2013, 04:41:30 BST
D. hineman says:
I pre-ordered this (Coffret Robert Pattinson-1000 Lives(Ang)) but I think it may be a scam? Can anyone verify that this product is legit?? I'm thinking about cancelling this order...

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Sep 2013, 04:57:17 BST
It would be great to know if it is legit.

Posted on 13 Sep 2013, 12:59:27 BST
Surely if it's on Amazon it must be legit...or am I being totally naive?? I'll be keeping a close eye :)

Posted on 19 Sep 2013, 11:37:45 BST
I got an email from one of the websites I follow on Rob. They announced it on Amazon France, this is the first time I have seen it on Amazon UK.

Posted on 19 Sep 2013, 14:12:18 BST
LizzieMac09 says:
The author talked about the book in a French magazine interview - it's the photographs she took of the latest Dior shoot. Why would it not be legitimate?

Posted on 19 Sep 2013, 14:23:07 BST
It's everywhere now..I'm so Relieved lol

Posted on 19 Sep 2013, 14:25:59 BST
[Deleted by the author on 19 Sep 2013, 14:57:55 BST]

Posted on 19 Sep 2013, 14:30:41 BST
Last edited by the author on 19 Sep 2013, 14:32:02 BST
D. hineman says:
I was just checking here to see if anyone knew because these were the concerns that were presented to me (by someone who had done some research) when I first ordered:

1) the ISBN numbers listed do not exist
2) the book is not listed on the Rizzoli website (the International or USA site)
3) the book is not listed on the photographers website (she had stated she would do a book but it would be limited edition)
4) the author name is listed incorrectly to the way her work is listed otherwise
5) the book could NOT be shipped to the US (which is where I am)

It now does seem to be legit so I haven't cancelled my order. But if it's not, I would think that the item could be returned.

Posted on 19 Sep 2013, 14:34:02 BST
Marnye says:
Looking forward to receiving it. I hope we will have all the Dior photos. Of course it it legit, this is Amazon.

Posted on 21 Nov 2013, 19:35:14 GMT
Am very disappointed in Amazon in that they took orders knowing they could not be fulfilled!

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Nov 2013, 19:44:57 GMT
LizzieMac09 says:
It is really disappointing, but I'm not sure Amazon are entirely to blame. My understanding is that they started taking pre-orders round about 6 September, but it was only announced a few weeks ago that there would only be 500 copies available, so I doubt they were aware that there would be insufficient stock. My email said they had hoped to get more copies, and as someone else pointed out on FB, it's unlikely they would have taken the orders if they hadn't thought they could fulfill them, as it's a lot of work for them to notify everyone, plus it makes them look bad, which they would want to avoid. It's the publishers that I blame, for two reasons. One, because they didn't make it clear from the outset that there would only be 500 copies produced, and two, because we were originally led to believe this would be a glossy, coffee table book, whereas it turned out to be just a box full of posters. So, nice as it would have been to have some cool posters of Rob, I'm not as disappointed as I would have been had it been a proper book.

Posted on 22 Nov 2013, 03:52:17 GMT
The orders that Amazon were able to fill should have been filled on a first come first served basis. I know I order the item the very day it was available on Amazon for pre orders, I know of a lady who order it almost 2 months after I did...she received the item I DID NOT, how is that possible? Not very smart or customer friendly.

Disappointed in Amazon as well ad the publisher and author who should have known that the item would sell like crazy. Now that I have seen the item I am not all that impressed with it. Would have been much better in photo book form!

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Nov 2013, 05:15:21 GMT
Eileen says:
How is it that we knew it was going to be a limited edition from the very start and Amazon didn't? It's their job to know! And besides the problem with the publisher for one whole week they have been telling clients 1000 different stories. One moment it would be available again, the second moment not and the third moment a friend of mine got a dispatch notice! People that ordered later than me, got the book and I didn't. This has nothing to do with the publisher and everything to do with Amazon handling things extremely badly and not taking responsibilities for their actions.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Nov 2013, 13:48:40 GMT
D. hineman says:
^^EXACTLY^^

Posted on 22 Nov 2013, 13:50:44 GMT
D. hineman says:
Amazon is the EPIC FAIL here. Period.

Posted on 22 Nov 2013, 13:57:48 GMT
D. hineman says:
Oh, and as of today they STILL have not cancelled my order nor have they sent me an email saying that it is no longer available. My order is still there with the "item not yet dispatched" message and a delivery date of 11/21 - 11/26. *snort*

Posted on 22 Nov 2013, 21:55:36 GMT
Hazeldene says:
Try the French website that has this book listed for sale.
It is called fnac.com
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  1000 Lives forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  12 Sep 2013
Latest post:  22 Nov 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

This discussion is about
1000 Lives
1000 Lives by Goldin Nan / Pattins (Paperback - 16 Nov. 2013)
3.6 out of 5 stars (41)