Irresistible Forces Paperback – 3 Feb 2004
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Catherine Asaro is a Harvard-trained scientist and the author of ten novels. Among her literary honors are a Nebula Award, the Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award, Analog Readers' Poll, National Reader's Choice Award, the Prism, the Sapphire, and the Homer.
Top Customer Reviews
I'll highlight the best and the worst and then just comment in general. "Winterfair Gifts," by Lois McMaster Bujold, is the Miles Vorkosigan story that I requested this book for, and it was well worth it (I probably should have read it last). This is the story of Miles' wedding to Ekaterin, after the almost disastrous courtship in A Civil Campaign, and it continues the wonderful humour of the series by giving us the whole story in the view of one of Miles' armsmen, Roic. It's Roic's job to guard the Vorkosigan estate at night, as well as to ferry Miles (or one of his designates) around when needed, and it's interesting to see the world of the Vor elite from the point of view of a commoner. And when the guests start showing up, it gets even worse, with the feral (but gentle when she wants to be) Sergeant Taura striking Roic's interest despite his shyness and the chaos going on around them.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
boring...skipped and skimmed...nothing caught my interest...a waste of time and money...too bad...interminable, confusing, twisting stories. Read morePublished 10 months ago by april
I imagine a lot of people will buy this book simply for the Lois McMaster Bujold story 'Winterfair Gifts', which shows the wedding of Miles Vorkosigan and Ekaterin from the... Read morePublished on 30 July 2007 by Helen Hancox
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Fiction > Short Stories
- Books > Fiction > Women Writers & Fiction
- Books > Romance > Collections & Anthologies
- Books > Romance > Fantasy
- Books > Romance > Science Fiction
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Anthologies & Short Stories
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Anthologies & Short Stories