- Audio CD (10 May 2004)
- Number of Discs: 1
- Format: Single
- Label: Attack Records
- ASIN: B0001Z2RGE
- Other Editions: Audio CD
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 339,773 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
Irish Blood, English Heart [CD2] Single
|Price:||£1.95 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
MORRISSEY Irish Blood English Heart (2004 UK 3-track CD single from Morrisseys seventh studio album after a 6 year gap You Are The Quarry. Features the superb non-album tracks Munich Air Disaster 1958 and They Never Played Symphonies ATKXD002)
Top Customer Reviews
Two B-Sides here - Munich Air Disaster 1958 is a minor but effective song mourning the loss of the Manchester United team (though the propeller sound effects are a touch melodramatic).
Best of the bunch is The Never Played Symphonies, a death bed reminiscence consisting of only vocals and keyboard accompaniment, not unlike I've Changed My Plea to Guilty.
The B-sides, as is often the case with Moz, could have very easily found themselves on the album. "Munich Air Disaster 1958" pays tribute to an event that deserves national remembrance. "The Never Played Symphonies" is Morrissey at his self-introspective, wistful self. "It's Hard to Walk Tall When Your Small" should be on the soundtrack to the next film about Napoleon Bonaparte.