- Paperback: 96 pages
- Publisher: Osprey Publishing (20 Nov. 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1846034310
- ISBN-13: 978-1846034312
- Product Dimensions: 18.5 x 0.7 x 25 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,066,001 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
A-26 Invader Units of World War 2 (Combat Aircraft) Paperback – 20 Nov 2010
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"This is a great book that will present you a nice story about A-26, and I can highly recommend it to all interested in aviation history and in war birds in general." - Darko Mladenovic, www.letletlet-warplanes.com / "There are plenty of reasons to buy this publication, most importantly is the limited amount of information available for the A-26 in both the ETO and PTO. This is a nice little one-stop shop. The model builder will be inspired by the photos and the profiles. I really enjoyed this book and, also, many of the other ones from the series. You can't go wrong here." - IPMS/USA / "This is the first book to focus exclusively on the A-26's missions in World War II... The concise, authoritative text is supported by at least 30 original color artworks, specially commissioned scale drawings, and the best archival photography from around the world." - --Flying Models (January 2011)
The only new attack bomber developed for the US Army Air Forces during World War 2, the A-26 Invader was a superb and versatile combat aircraft, operating both as a ground attack aircraft and a medium bomber.See all Product description
Top Customer Reviews
However , as an owner of most of the published material on the B-26 , I think this title deserves a a place alongside all the others on the same subject, as deals very well with the developing times of the aircraft , including also an interesting explanation on the different types of canopies, possibilities of nose changings, and other useful details. The operations side in Europe and Pacific (of which I had read nothing)is well described , and as always with the Osprey books, the color profiles are very good. Only small disapointment: no scale drawings at the end.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Americas > United States
- Books > History > Military History > Armed Forces > Air Forces
- Books > History > Military History > World War II 1939-1945
- Books > Reference > Transport > Aviation
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Military & Naval > Military Aircraft
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Military & Naval > Military Vehicles
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Warfare & Defence